YOUNG AGRARIANS JOB POSTING SUBMISSION FORM
A farm job is a waged position that does not necessarily involve room and board. All farm job submissions must:
- Meet current labour standards for your province and pay at least minimum wage (or minimum piece rate for applicable crops). See minimum wages by province here. Additional details below on farm work.
- Be a fair and equitable opportunity
- Include information about compensation and details on duties and tasks expected for the position
- Be on a farm that uses ecological/organic practices
Please note that we reserve the right to remove a job submission from our website if we receive a negative report about a farm’s labour practices.
For more information about hiring farm workers, minimum wage and piece rates, see the provincial regulations below:
- BC: Hiring Farm Workers
- Alberta Farm & Ranch Workplace Legislation
- Saskatchewan Human Resources for Farms
- Manitoba Guide to Employment Standards in Agriculture
- Quebec – not yet available online (do you have a good link? Let us know!)
- Ontario Employment Standards & Special Rules for Agriculture
- Newfoundland & Labrador Labour Relations
- Prince Edward Island Employment Standards
- Nova Scotia Farm Worker Employment Rights
- New Brunswick Employment Standards
- Yukon Employment Standards
- Northwest Territories Employment Standards
Looking to submit an apprenticeship instead of a job? Click here.
YA offers this service free of charge to farm employers across Canada. If you would like to support our work with new and young farmers, please consider making a donation — even small amounts help!
Please note it may take a few days or more to get your posting online during high-volume times of the year (winter and spring). Please plan accordingly. Thank you! We will send you an email when your posting is live. Questions? Email email@example.com.