B.C. Business Mentorship Network
APPLY NOW FOR THE BC BUSINESS MENTORSHIP NETWORK 2022 SEASON!
Are you a young (or young at heart) animal or vegetable producer living in British Columbia? Are you operating a new farm and looking for guidance to grow your business?
The Young Agrarians B.C. Business Mentorship Network pairs new and seasoned farmers together to cultivate the skills for running ecologically sustainable and financially viable businesses. Mentors work with you to analyze your operations and lay the groundwork for your farm’s business growth.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW! Deadline November 5th, 2021
BC Business Mentorship Network Overview:
Whether you need business basics or strategic planning for long-term growth, Young Agrarians knows that gaining business development skills is one of the biggest challenges facing new farmers. Our aim is to provide new farmers with an opportunity to build their business knowledge and use it to grow their farm operations to achieve long-term viability.
Mentees will receive approximately 30 hours of mentorship primarily in the winter/spring planning season, check ins through the growing season and reflection wrap up process in the fall. Mentors will help you to analyze your operations and chart a course to move forward towards financial sustainability. Mentorships will be by phone, email, and where possible site visits.
To support you to grow a sustainable farm business! Through one-on-one mentorship and peer networks, we aim to nurture educational spaces that allow new farmers to work out how to overcome obstacles and achieve business goals. Ultimately, we want to see you produce an increase in: crop yields, revenues, and where possible, area of land in production.
- Commit to participating in 30 hours of mentorship hours over the course of the year.
- Participate in orientation sessions, webinars, and closing session.
- Complete an evaluation at the end of the program.
- Must submit prior year financials, land in production, and volume of food produced.
- After mentorship and season is complete, must submit end of production season financials, land in production, and volume of food produced.
- Must complete two blog posts, one in the spring and one in the fall.
- Resource Map – add your farm and 1-3 of your favourite resources to the Young Agrarians U-Map: https://maps.youngagrarians.org/
- Fill out the BC Ecological Farmers Survey – to be completed upon acceptance into the program: https://youngagrarians.org/survey/
- Mentees must also support the creation of a work schedule with their mentor.
- $100 program fee to be paid on acceptance into mentorship network.
All applicants must be residents of British Columbia.
Priority will be given (but not limited to) to new entrants into agriculture ages 18-35, having been in operation for 1-5 years.
Applications will be peer-reviewed. There are limited number of placements and successful placement is determined by the number of mentors available with the appropriate skills and know-how relevant to your farm operation.
The deadline for applications is November 5th, 2021. APPLICATION FORM HERE.
Funding for the Young Agrarians Business Mentorship Network 2021/2022 has been provided by Vancity and Columbia Basin Trust.
Young Agrarians thanks our generous funders!