Deadline for Applications: September 20th, 2021
Start Date: October 4th, 2021
This job is funded through an Eco-Canada Wage Subsidy and requires the successful applicant to be:
- 30 years of age or younger
- Unemployed, underemployed, or a student/recent graduate
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee status
ABOUT YOUNG AGRARIANS
A Canadian Charity, the mission of Agrarians Foundation is to educate the public by providing courses, seminars, workshops, and counselling about agriculture, farming, food processing, entrepreneurship, community economic development and environmental sustainability. It’s Grow-a-Farmer strategy Young Agrarians (YA) is a farmer2farmer educational resource network that delivers programs year round to increase the number of new, viable and ecological farmers and farms in Canada. Young Agrarians began January 2012 as a seed of an idea, and has grown into a dynamic set of programs:
2) National educational and networking events on and off farms;
3) B.C. business mentorship network;
4) B.C. land matching program; and,
5) Prairies apprenticeship training program in regenerative agriculture.
YA’s program frameworks engage new, young and potential farmers online, bring them together to network and learn together on and off farms, and, when ready, support access to training, land, business readiness and production mentorship.
YA is growing it’s e-learning strategy to increase access to learning resources for new farmers. Our first e-learning programs, the Business Bootcamp for New Farmers and Land Forum and Columbia Basin Winter Mixer, were held in November 2020–April 2021 and met with a lot of demand. These programs will continue to run fall 2021 to Spring 2022. We hope to also expand the repertoire of online learning resources and opportunities in the coming year. In the spirit of YA events, these programs and resources focus on knowledge transfer and training, engagement and networking, and ideas sharing through peer cohorts. E-learning has the very important capacity to support rural populations with Internet access to overcome isolation and distance, and participate in learning activities that will further their farm endeavours.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we collaborate with and serve. The organizational culture is focused on bringing your whole self, and working together to support farmers to overcome barriers and challenges at the grassroots and institutional levels.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Alongside the YA E-Learning Coordinator, the E-Learning Facilitator will assist in coordinating and facilitating online programming. Key duties for this role include:
- facilitating online sessions
- coordinating program speakers and participants
- managing e-learning content
- creating and sharing promotional material
- delivering post-event evaluations
- curriculum and content development
Online session facilitation will include welcoming participants, facilitating workshops, honouring and respecting Indigenous land and territories, introducing presenters, moderating panels, and managing participant questions. The goal is to ensure that farmer2farmer networking and connections can be reinforced in the digital space, and allow for more on-going communication between new and aspiring farmers.
This job position will enable the successful candidate to develop their soft skills working within a larger team setting and organizational ecosystem, along with further developing facilitation skills to support knowledge transfer. The candidate will also increase their ability to manage a suite of digital learning tools, and work within an on-line environment to provide high quality, engaged learning opportunities.
- Knowledge and passion for farming and food systems.
- Experience facilitating and hosting public forums and workshops.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High comfort level public speaking, moderating, and facilitating through video and chat in an online space.
- Comfortable navigating various digital platforms, including Zoom, WordPress,
Vimeo, and Google Workspace
- Good interpersonal skills, brings a positive vibe to the workplace, and enjoys working with teams.
- You are able to work remotely, have a computer, phone and stable high-speed Internet connection.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
- Contract: 35 hours/week for 6 months (October 2021 – March 2022), $27/hour
- Work hours are flexible but the online, live sessions happen on weekdays,
evenings and weekends and applicants must be able to attend these sessions
- A limited amount of travel to in-person events might also be arranged
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit applications and questions to: email@example.com
- Please include:
- 2–5 minute video describing your relevant experience and why this role is for you! Please use WeTransfer or YouTube/Vimeo to submit your video
- A resume saved with your first and last name as a PDF, or LinkedIn profile, or other website featuring your work experience.