Mara Valley Produce in Grindrod, B.C. is seeking an Organic Farm Assistant!
ABOUT Mara Valley Produce
We farm a variety of vegetables on 20 acres, including field and greenhouse crops. Our primary customers are bulk/wholesale distributors, which we provide with produce year round. The farm is located on a beautiful quiet stretch of the Shuswap River. We have a small but enthusiastic team – and we all enjoy what we do!
Our farm is Certified Organic since 2017. We are passionate about land stewardship.
This position best fits someone in good physical shape willing to work outdoors in all conditions. A farming background is an asset, but a keen interest in organic farming practices and strong work ethic is the most important
- Seeding and nursery crop care in greenhouses,
- Weeding using hand tools, utilizing some equipment to
minimize strain (such as lay-down weeding cart. ride-on transplanter, wheel hoe),
- Organization of work areas, tools, materials, and equipment
- Hand and mechanical harvesting
- Maintaining sowing, harvest, records – washing, packing, sorting a large variety of produce, occasional deliveries to customers
- Tasks are variable throughout the season.
Term: May (immediate hire) to late fall, with potential for year-round work.
Hours per week: You can count on 40 hours per week, however, we do have flexibility to accommodate schedules. We are open to offering a part-time position as well.
Wage: $19.00 to $21.00 per hour, dependent on experience
Please provide a resume stating your experience, a cover letter is not required. Send to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: June 1st, 2023
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Mara Valley Produce
View more Farm Jobs and Apprenticeships on our Job Board