Young Agrarians is seeking a full-time U-MAP Data Entry Assistant for the summer (14 weeks)!
ABOUT YOUNG AGRARIANS
Agrarians Foundation, doing business as Young Agrarians, (AF/YA) is a federally incorporated non-profit society and registered charity. Agrarians Foundation’s mission is to educate the public by providing courses, seminars, workshops, and counselling about agriculture, farming, food processing, entrepreneurship, community economic development, and environmental sustainability.
Our focus is to:
- Grow the next generation of ecological and viable farmers in Canada
- Heal and regenerate our connections to the land and each other
- Transition to a future ecological food system that is good, clean and fair
To meet this mission, AF/YA coordinates a collaborative network strategy to build participatory community engagement and delivers farmer-to-farmer educational programming. AF/YA is both online and offline, driven by young farmers, food growers, and friends. AF/YA is the largest educational resource network for new and young farmers in Canada.
Our main programs are:
- Online sector development promoting agriculture: aggregating and driving traffic to resources and opportunities in the sector;
- Year-round educational and networking events on- and off-farms, to overcome rural isolation, transfer knowledge and information, and create spaces for collaboration;
- Business mentorships;
- Land access supports;
- Apprenticeship training in regenerative agriculture on farms.
YOUNG AGRARIANS U-MAP
The Young Agrarians U-MAP is a national, interactive resource map focused on centralizing information from farms, to land, organizations, and more. It supports new farmers to find knowledge, resources, and their local network. U-MAP users can add listings or find resources. The U-MAP can be accessed here.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
The U-MAP Data Entry Assistant will assist in updating and refining the data within the U-MAP.
- Review existing data
- Update existing data
- Tag listings to help users find listings in relevant categories
- Add missing data
- Connect with listing owners when required
- Help users set-up and/or update their listings
- Associate listings with users, so users can update their information on their own in the future
- Community mapping and networking
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Passion and dedication for farming and food systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and make progress on activities
- Ability to learn how to use and manage information through an on-line CRM systems
- Experience with database management and GIS mapping is an asset
- Passion for working collaboratively and being part of a positive work environment
- Ability to work remotely. Must have a computer, phone, and stable internet connection
- Experience using Gmail and Google Drive
Term: May 23 to August 26, 2022, we are somewhat flexible
Hours per week: 35 hours for 14 weeks
All applicants must reside within the West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea to Sky Country electoral district.
All applicants must be 15-30 years old (inclusive).
Please send a PDF cover letter and resume as one document to email@example.com, with the following file name: Firstname Lastname – UMAP.pdf
Deadline to apply: May 22, 2022
*This position is made possible through the federal government’s Canada Summer Jobs program. This position can also be found through their Job Bank at: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth