Join us at Tsawwassen Farm School in Delta, BC for an farm tour and potluck social! This event is free and open to everyone.
Join us at the Tsawwassen Farm School for a farm tour showcasing their orchard, market garden and livestock (hog and chickens) operation. The tour will be given by the farm manager, followed by a potluck social where you get to meet, chat and network with other farmers and food systems players in the area.
When: Sunday, August 11, 2019 | 4-7:30pm
Schedule (times are approximate):
4-5 Farm Tour
5-5:30 Intro Circle
5:30-7:30 Potluck Social
Feel free to come for all or just a part of an event – we know you’re busy!
Location: 4990 28th Ave Delta, BC
Bring: Please bring a dish to share, tools to eat with and a chair or a blanket.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Please invite your friends and share our Facebook event!
Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
About Tsawwassen Farm School
The Tsawwassen Farm School (TFS) is a collaboration between the Tsawwassen First Nation (TFN) and the Institute for Sustainable Food Systems (ISFS) at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU).
First of its kind, the school fuses sustainable agriculture and traditional indigenous food systems as tools to build community and create dialogue around land stewardship for the future. The school program is open to all with curiosity on how to feed a growing population while restoring the land. The program takes place at our 20-acre certified organic working farm on traditional TFN lands. The farm boasts a mixed fruit orchard, a market garden, livestock including chickens and hogs, and incubator plots on which program graduates can launch their farm businesses. The Farm is a gathering place to learn about human scaled alternative food production systems.
The farm also features a traditional smokehouse, manages the land with their hogs, and generates 100% of its electricity from solar power!
Learn More About Tsawwassen Farm School:
- Children are welcome to join us us for this event but please leave pets at home.
- There are electric fences on the property-use caution, especially with kids.
- Carpooling is encouraged! Have space in your car? Need a ride? Post in the Facebook event discussion!
- There is a neighbour resident adjacent to the farm, please be respectful of their space.
- Please refer to parking map (below) for directions on where to park.
- Not sure what to bring to the potluck? Consider supporting your local, organic farmer and/or food producer and find inspiration with their ingredients. Also, it is greatly appreciated if you can include a little card with the ingredients list for your dish in case people have food allergies/sensitivities
Join our Young Agrarians Lower Mainland Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events.
Let us know you are joining us buy confirming your attendance on the Facebook event!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 855.561.4633