You’re invited to a socially-distanced outdoor Land Social at Salt & Harrow Farm in Tsawwassen, B.C.! If you’re curious about what land matching and sharing is all about – or just want to check out what your local farmers are up to – join us for the event.
Be inspired and learn about the incredible farming that can be done on a community farm! Salt & Harrow Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm with ten acres devoted to growing over 50 varieties of vegetables, legumes, fruits, and herbs. In partnership with Young Agrarians, training and mentoring for the next generation of farmers is offered through a Young Farmer Training Program and an intensive on-farm apprenticeship hosted by Salt & Harrow Farm.
We’ll tour the farm, network, and look at the steps to building a successful land sharing relationship. Your regional Land Matcher will share information about how the B.C. Land Matching Program can help you find the perfect farmer for your land – or farmland where you can build your dream farm business.
Land Socials connect farmers and farmland holders, and set them up to receive ongoing support through the B.C. Land Matching Program. Both farmers seeking land and farmland holders thinking about sharing land are encouraged to attend – as well as anyone who loves food, farming, and getting out onto the land.
DATE: Sunday, September 19, 2021 • 5-8pm
LOCATION: Tsawwassen First Nation Territory. 6313 Market Ave. Delta, BC V4L 1M9
REGISTER: Due to COVID-19, we require registration for our events so we can limit the number of attendees to allow for physical distancing. PLEASE REGISTER HERE TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
SCHEDULE (times are approximate):
5-6 Farm Tour
6-6:30 Introduction circle and B.C. Land Matching Program Overview
6:30-8 Food & Networking
BRING: Catered snacks will be provided, but if you’d prefer you can bring your own food instead. There will not be any wash stations for dishes available. Optional: face mask.
- Please stay home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, OR if you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are completing a period of self-isolation as mandated by public health, OR if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Refer to the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool for more information.
- We welcome cancellations at any time – you can do so through Eventbrite, through the link in your registration confirmation email, or by contacting email@example.com. Please let us know if you aren’t able to attend so we can open up a spot to someone else.
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines and keep 6 feet apart from other people. No handshakes or hugs please!
- Masks are not required, but bring one to wear if you’d like.
- We will have a hand sanitizer station for your use throughout the event. Please refrain from touching tools, pets, door handles etc. on the farm.
- If provincial health guidelines for events change, we may cancel the event and you will be notified by email.
- This event is free and open to everyone! Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
- Join our Young Agrarians Lower Mainland and Sea to Sky Facebook Groups to stay up to date with all events.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and share the Facebook event! Link coming soon.
About Salt & Harrow Farm
Salt & Harrow is a 32 acre organic farm growing over 50 varieties of vegetables, fruits, legumes and herbs. They are located in the Southlands neighbourhood in Boundary Bay, on Greater Vancouver’s Southern peninsula in Tsawwassen First Nation Territory. Tsawwassen is known as “Land of the Sun” and experiences 3 days of sun for every 1 day of sun in Vancouver, making it great for farming!
Check out Salt & Harrow online:
UPCOMING LOWER MAINLAND EVENTS
Not able to join us for this event? Fear not! Here’s a quick look at the dates and places we’ll be visiting this season.
SEPT 26: AGASSIZ – Land Social at Abundance Farm
GOT LAND? WANT LAND?
Through the B.C. Land Matching Program, Young Agrarians offers support to farmers looking for land for their farm business, and landholders looking for farmers to farm their land. We’ve made more than 146 matches on over 6,000 acres to date! The Metro Vancouver – Fraser Valley Land Matcher will be attending the event to answer any questions the B.C. Land Matching Program. For those unable to join us, you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The B.C. Land Matching Program is funded in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley by the Province of British Columbia, with support from Bullitt Foundation and Patagonia.