DATE: Sunday, September 10, 2023 • 1-4pm PST
REGISTER: So that we can plan for the tour, please register on Eventbrite.
CARPOOL INFO: Carpooling is encouraged. If you are looking for or can offer a ride to or from the event, please post in the Facebook event to connect with others.
SCHEDULE (times are approximate):
2-3pm: Farm tour & soil health discussion
3-4pm: Optional snacks and mingle, corn maze
BRING: Please wear weather and farm-appropriate clothing and footwear. Bring cash if you’d like to purchase additional food and beverages from the concession.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and share the Facebook event.
- This event is free and open to everyone! Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
- Please stay home if you have cold or flu symptoms
- Please wash your shoes before visiting the farm, especially if you work on or have visited a farm recently
- Please do not bring alcohol to this event
About Australian Ranch Ltd.
Australian Ranch has been farmed by the family for over 120 years. The 1800-acre property has a remarkable history of farm use ranging from grain and hay to dairy, and is now home to a cow/calf operation and a family corn maze to showcase the fertile Fraser River bench land. The whole family is engaged in the farm: owner, Bob, and wife of 50 years, Lenore, and their daughters Holley (crop manager), Kerri (cattle manager) and Kelly (in Strathmore, Alberta helps where she can, mostly to do with the maze). Kerri’s son and Kelly’s daughter can operate most of the farm equipment. Those two are a huge help along with their three siblings at calving, working cattle and field work.
The lot numbers are 3, 4 & 5 in Cariboo District. The farm was a stop for the stage coach. In 1903 the Yorston brothers, driving the stage coach, bought the farm that had been farmed for 40 years already!
About Deepak Chugh
Deepak Chugh is an experienced Professional Agrologist with diverse skills gained from working on family farms growing cereal grains, agroforestry, fruits, and vegetables. Over the last couple of decades, he’s worked in agricultural processing, crop production, extension services, agronomy to inspection to farm market development and consultation. He is a firm believer in success and growth through encouragement, collaboration, and compassion.
Learn More About Soil Health and Nitrogen Management
This event is part of the Farm Resilience Mentorship Program, a project of Farmers for Climate Solutions. Visit the Learning Hub to learn more about this program, and take advantage of their online resources and mentorship. Psst- Deepak is available to mentor farmers who want to implement or improve cover cropping on their farm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Stay in Touch
- Join our Young Agrarians Central & Northern BC Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events in the region
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox
- We welcome cancellations at any time – you can do so through Eventbrite, through the link in your registration confirmation email, or by contacting email@example.com. Please let us know if you aren’t able to attend
- Questions? Email Michalina at firstname.lastname@example.org