About the National Farmers Union Convention 2020
What a year 2020 has been! Throughout, the National Farmers Union has continued to work diligently on behalf of family and cooperative farmers and progressive eaters and thinkers across Canada.
- calling for measures to support family and cooperative farms
- fighting for farmers and farmers markets to be recognized as essential services
- highlighting the importance of localized food systems
- speaking for the health of all workers in the food system including farmers, migrant workers, inspectors and processors
In addition, the NFU has created a Vision of a post-COVID Food System that we look forward to sharing, enhancing and advancing.
We will delve into all of this and more at our annual National Convention. This year, to keep everyone safe, it will be hosted on-line.
We would like you to be part of it.
Free workshops, talks, interactive programming and chances to connect will be offered starting November 3. The key aspects of the Convention including the NFU’s lively elections, debates on resolutions, national and regional reports will be held November 25 – 28.
This year’s convention includes:
- talks by respected national voices on agroecology, food sovereignty, seed issues, social justice and more
- online social hours and coffee breaks where people across the country can meet
- interactive sessions for conversations about resilient farm and food systems.
- Keynote speaker Seth Klein presents A Good War: Mobilizing Canada for the Climate Emergency at 3 PM Pacific, November 26
Click here to register for the Full Convention, Keynote event or free webinars only. The Full Convention option includes everything.