You’re invited to a socially-distanced Land Social at Puzzlegrass Farm, a small-scale vegetable farm on leased land in Naramata, B.C! If you’re curious about what land matching and sharing is all about, join us for the event.
Be inspired and learn about the incredible farming that can be done on leased land! We will tour the farm, enjoy some a locally prepared food, and take a dive into the steps to building a successful farm on leased land. We will explore what farming on leased land is like and learn about how the B.C. Land Matching Program can help you find the perfect piece of land for you to build your dream farm business – or the perfect farmer for your land. Your regional Land Matcher will share information and answer questions about land matching and how leasing land works. Both farmers seeking land and farmland holders thinking about leasing land are encouraged to attend – as well as anyone who loves food, farming, and getting out onto the land!
DATE: Saturday, September 26, 2020 • 11-1:30 pm
LOCATION: Syilx Territory, 3815 North Naramata Rd – Limited parking through the gates, but parking on the road is fine.
REGISTER: Due to COVID-19, we require registration for our events so we can limit the number of attendees to allow for physical distancing. Please register here to reserve your spot.
SCHEDULE (times are approximate):
11-11:45 Farm Tour
11:45-12:30 Introduction circle & B.C. Land Matching Program Overview
12:30-1:30- Lunch & Networking
BRING: Please bring a chair or blanket to sit on and your own plate and cutlery. We are so excited to have a beautiful catered meal provided by The Paisley Notebook. https://paisleynotebook.com/ The menu will include seasonally-inspired vegan roti wraps and local salad, but if you’d prefer you can bring your own meal instead. There will not be any wash stations for dishes available. Optional: face mask.
SHARE: Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and share the Facebook event!
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of illness, or have been in contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients. We welcome cancellations at any time (you can do so through eventbrite or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines and keep 6 feet apart from other people. No handshakes or hugs please!
- Masks are not required, but bring one to wear if you’d like.
- We will have a hand sanitizer station for your use throughout the event. Please refrain from touching tools, pets and livestock, and door handles etc. on the farm.
- If provincial health guidelines for events change, we may cancel the event and you will be notified by email
- This event is free and open to everyone! Children are welcome but please leave furry friends at home.
Join our Young Agrarians Okanagan-Thompson Facebook Group to stay up to date with all events.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to get events and opportunities for your region delivered straight to your inbox.
ABOUT Puzzlegrass Farm
Erin and Madison grow premium vegetables on a small acreage in Naramata and sell their produce primarily through a CSA program. They worked with the B.C. Land Matching Program and were matched to land owned by former orchardists and are in their first season of full time farming. Both women have a background in vineyard management and think it is important to have farmland in the region used for a diversity of crops and farmed more mindfully.
Check out Puzzlegrass Farm online:
GOT LAND? WANT LAND?
Through the B.C. Land Matching Program, Young Agrarians offers support to farmers looking for land for their farm business, and landholders looking for farmers to farm their land. We’ve made more than 81 matches on over 4,600 acres to date! The Okanagan Land Matcher will be attending the event to answer any questions about accessing or offering land through this program. For those unable to join us, you can send a message to email@example.com for more information.
The B.C. Land Matching Program is funded in the Okanagan by the Province of British Columbia, with support from the Real Estate Foundation of B.C. and Patagonia.