ABOUT THE LAND
The land includes up to 3 acres of slopped land in the heart of Glenmore, Kelowna. The location is ideal: down a short, private road but only 10 minutes walking to local grocery stores, restaurants and other amenities. 15 minutes by bike to downtown or to the farmer’s market. The land is North facing sloped and irrigated with sectioned, automatic timer irrigation. It will require some amendments and work initially but is surrounded by many orchards and is very workable and usable. The land was previously a cedar tree farm but is now mostly cleared. There is a garage with a walk-in cooler as well as some storage space. There is also a tractor with some implements that may be able to be included in the lease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The current owners live on the land and are open to a variety of options with regards to the land and potential farmers. This opportunity would be great for someone who:
– Wants to remain in the heart of the city of Kelowna and close to many amenities
– Is creative and can approach a unique property with a sense of optimism and potential
– Either has strong glutes or would like strong glutes as there would be some hill climbing involved
– Is passionate about organic farming
– Is flexible and adaptable
– Is open to an arrangement that may include some reciprocal sharing with landlords
GET IN TOUCH:
This land opportunity is a participant in the B.C. Land Matching Program. If you are interested in this land opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Check out the UMAP listing at: http://maps.youngagrarians.org/locations/55372-Land-to-Lease
For more land opportunities, and to learn about the B.C. Land Matching Program, please visit youngagrarians.org/land