We have more land opportunities than what is listed here! Get in touch with a Land Matcher at email@example.com to access our full land inventory and B.C. Land Matching Program support in your region.
ABOUT THE LAND
The whole property is 8 acres, but 1.5 acres are ready to plant! The land was tilled first in fall 2017, cover cropped with Fall Rye and manured in the spring of 2018 and since been farmed organically by market gardeners, Bri and Mitch of Radical Bloom Farm. They successfully grew many beautiful vegetable crops, as well as flowers for local markets and are now moving on to new opportunities. The water for this property comes from the city and so is affected by seasonal water use restrictions. There are other fields that could be made productive as well, but are currently fallow.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The land owners are sad to see their current leasing farmers go, but are wanting to see their land by used in a similar way moving forward. This is the ideal set up for organic market gardeners. The ideal candidate is experienced, responsible and able to keep the farm up to the current standard.
There is infrastructure in place, which could be purchased from the former leasing farmers for $4500. See below for the full list.
- Harvest hut with two wash stations, packing counters, drain system and rubber mat flooring
- 6’ x8’ walk-in cooler with coolbot and air conditioner, with rubber mat flooring
- propagation house/farm stand with plastic/metal panelled roof. Tables in both prop house and farm stand, rubber mat flooring in both
- lean-to style storage shed with two rooms, one with lockable doors; with built-in shelving and workbench
- irrigation system: full in- ground line from house to propagation house, in-ground hydrants, drip line manifold, overhead sprinkler with hose
GET IN TOUCH!
This land opportunity is participating in the BC Land Matching Program. Get in touch with the Okanagan Land Matcher, Tessa, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out the UMap Listing at : https://maps.youngagrarians.org/locations/55748-1-5-Certified-Organic-Acres-for-Lease-in-Salmon-Arm
To learn more about the BC Land Matching Program and other land opportunities, visit https://youngagrarians.org/tools/land/
The B.C. Land Matching Program is funded in the Okanagan by the Province of British Columbia, with support from the Real Estate Foundation of B.C. and the Regional District of North Okanagan.