This posting has been filled.
View more farm jobs and apprenticeships here.
Job Posting for Maternity Leave: Accreditation Board Administrator
The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to hire a temporary Accreditation Board Administrator to cover maternity leave for 7 months (July 2020 to February 2021). This is a full time position, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position could become a permanent position at the end of the term. The position will be based out of our Vernon off ice with a starting wage of $22.00 per hour.
The COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. The COABC supports and advocates for a stronger, more resilient organic sector. More information can be found on our website.
The COABC Accreditation Board (AB) administers the provincial organic accreditation program (BCCOP). This involves accreditation of BC Certification Bodies who, in turn, certify all organic farms , processors and food preparers in BC. The AB is also a designated Conformity Verification Body under the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. This responsibility involves monitoring compliance with the federal Canada Organic Regime.
The Accreditation Board Administrator works closely with the Accreditation Board Director to support the COABC Accreditation Board in all administration aspects of the COABC Accreditation programs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 17011, document control
- Familiarity with the Canada Organic Standard or willingness to learn
- Experience working in a non-prof it office environment
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sustainable agriculture or related field is preferred
- Experience with writing and assisting with the implementation of policy and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Highly self -motivated and independent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and be a team player
- Versatility and ability to multi-task
- Experience taking meeting minutes
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, SharePoint, data visualization, communication and collaboration tools
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administrative tasks related to accreditation such as correspondence, minutes, contracts etc.
- Act as contact for the COABC Accreditation Board
- Answer inquiries and standards interpretation questions f rom clients
- Maintaining and assisting with the creating of documents (e.g. manuals, policies)
- Maintaining quality control system (e.g. adhering to procedures, records, impartiality)
- Work with the Accreditation Director to undertake auditing and surveillance activities for Certification Bodies (e.g. reports, correspondence, coordinating, tracking, contracts, certificates)
- Plan for and participate in board and committee meetings (e.g. logistics, agenda, minutes)
- Comply with CFIA requirements (e.g. reports, distributing memos, directives)
- Event planning and coordinating for training sessions offered by the COABC Accreditation Board(training material, correspondence with guest speakers etc.)
- Manage and track accreditation complaints and appeals
- Plan and prepare for internal activities such as internal audits and management reviews
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications June 21, 2020. Approximate start date July 15, 2020.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org.