The Manitoba Organic Alliance (MOA) is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist with managing its programs, events and coordinating its activities.
ABOUT Manitoba Organic Alliance (MOA)
MOA is a non-profit organization, representing all organic entities in Manitoba. Our aim is to represent, promote and grow Manitoba’s organic sector through knowledge sharing, advocacy, and market development. Our vision is for a strong, resilient, and united organic sector based on the foundational principles of organic agriculture – health, ecology, fairness and care.
- College or undergraduate degree/diploma.
- Proficient in oral and written English language.
- Reliable internet connection and cell phone.
- Located in Manitoba.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet use, and comfortable using Google Drive.
- A positive disposition, an eagerness to learn, a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as needed to draft and review professional correspondence, manage telephone calls, and greet event attendees and speakers.
- An asset would be proficiency in WordPress.
- Knowledge of or a passion for organic agriculture.
- Support the Manitoba Organic Alliance’s fundraising efforts through securing private donations and sponsorships and assisting the Executive Director in grant applications.
- Events Planning and Programming
- Coordinate of grant-funded programs, including the agronomy/cost-share program and the Farm Resilience Mentorship (FaRM) Program.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for MOA events, including farm tours, FaRM training sessions, extension events, Ag Days workshops, etc.
- Promote MOA events through social media, newsletters, and partner organizations.
- Prepare materials and attend in-person events and provide event management assistance.
- Assist with production of Grain on the Brain podcast.
- Provide support where needed for the Organic Marketplace platform development.
- Work with MOA’s board of directors and its committees for project administration and management and provide support where needed.
- Edit and assist with grant applications. Maintain grant documentation and assist with reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain relevant databases.
- Provide administrative support to the Manitoba Organic Development Committee in the management of the Manitoba Organic Grain check-off.
- Act as member liaison and communicate with MOA’s members.
- Act as donor/sponsor liaison and contact potential sponsors, send annual thank-you notes, etc.
- Prepare monthly newsletter.
- Update MOA’s website with events/other information.
Term: full-time for one year.
Start date: June 2022
Reports to: Executive Director
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to HR@manitobaorganicalliance.com
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT MANITOBA ORGANIC ALLIANCE