Regeneration Canada is seeking an experienced Fundraising Coordinator to assist with grant writing in French and English. The Coordinator will also be responsible for seeking out new funding opportunities from both the private and public sectors, as well as reporting.
ABOUT REGENERATION CANADA
Regeneration Canada is a non-profit organization that promotes the regeneration of soil health, in order to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity, improve water cycles, and support a more productive and fair food system.
They strive towards this goal by raising awareness and mobilizing Canadians about the potential of reversing climate change through regenerative soil management, and about the ways each one of us can contribute. Their activities include developing an interdisciplinary network through our membership, educational workshops, communications activities (social media, web series, awareness campaigns), presentations at events, as well as hosting the Living Soils Symposium, an international national event.
About the Fundraising Coordinator Position
They are looking for a colleague who is driven by the cause of soil regeneration and the fight against climate change, and who has a desire to make a difference. The desired candidate has a collaborative spirit and enjoys working on a team. The person has excellent writing and organizational skills. The candidate must be committed to thinking about diversity, equality and inclusion at both the individual and organizational levels.
Specific Tasks Include:
In collaboration with Regeneration Canada staff, the Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for grant writing in French and English. The Coordinator will also be responsible for seeking out new funding opportunities from both the private and public sectors, as well as reporting.
- Collaborate with the RC team to establish a short, medium and long term funding strategy;
- With the support of the co-directors, write funding applications in French and English;
- Participate in the structural development of projects where funding is required;
- Ensure that funded projects meet their deadlines;
- Responsible for grant reports, including report writing and the submission of supporting documentation;
- Conduct a strategic survey of funding opportunities in the sector.
- Excellent written communication skills in French and English;
- Experience in grant writing and reporting;
- Experience coordinating projects within strict timelines and budgets;
- Very good knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Canada and the major players in financing projects related to agriculture and climate change;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a highly collaborative work environment;
- Initiative, proactivity and curiosity.
- Experience in the regenerative agriculture movement;
- Experience using diverse online platforms, such as Google Drive, Zoom, and Slack;
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Part-time position at 20 hours/week;
- Hourly rate of $20 to $22;
- 3 weeks vacation per year;
- 2 weeks off at the winter holidays;
- 3 “regenerative” days of leave per year;
- Work/life balance;
- Computer provided;
- Flexibility in terms of work location and schedule (especially during COVID-19: possibility of working from home or at our Montreal office in a coworking space in the Mile End);
- Start date: beginning of May 2021.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Those wishing to apply should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject line by midnight on April 18, 2021.