Job Posting for Accreditation Board Administrator
Organic BC is seeking to hire an Accreditation Board Administrator to support the Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) Accreditation Board. This is a full-time permanent position, for 30 hours per week, $22.00 per hour (plus benefits after 3 months), Monday to Thursday.
Organic BC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. Organic BC supports and advocates for a stronger, more resilient organic sector. More information can be found on our website.
The COABC Accreditation Board (AB) administers the provincial organic accreditation program (BCCOP). This involves accreditation of BC Certification Bodies who, in turn, certify organic farms, processors and food preparers in BC. The AB is also a designated Conformity Verification Body under the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. This responsibility involves monitoring compliance with the federal Canada Organic Regime (COR).
The Accreditation Board Administrator works closely with the Accreditation Board Director to support the COABC Accreditation Board in all administration aspects of the COABC Accreditation programs and in addition is a resource for certifying bodies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 17011, document control
- Familiarity with the Canada Organic Standard or willingness to learn
- Experience working in a non-profit office environment
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sustainable agriculture or related field is preferred
- Experience with writing and assisting with the implementation of policy and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Highly self-motivated and independent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and be a team player
- Versatility and ability to multi-task
- Experience taking meeting minutes
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, SharePoint, data visualization, communication and collaboration tools
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administrative tasks related to accreditation such as correspondence, minutes, contracts etc.
- Act as contact for the COABC Accreditation Board
- Answer inquiries and standards interpretation questions from certification bodies
- Maintaining and assisting with creation of documents (e.g. manuals, policies)
- Maintaining quality control system (e.g. adhering to procedures, records, impartiality)
- Work with the Accreditation Director to arrange auditing and surveillance activities for Certification Bodies
- Plan for and participate in board and committee meetings
- Comply with CFIA requirements (e.g. reports, distributing memos, directives)
- Event planning and coordinating for training sessions offered by the COABC Accreditation Board
- Manage and track accreditation complaints and appeals
- Plan and prepare for internal activities such as internal audits and management reviews
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is ASAP
Job Types: Full-time
- Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org.