Farm Hand from April-December, 2015
Farm Hand from May-December, 2015
Location : Ladner, BC
**Other open positions on our website: http://cropthornefarm.com/employment/**
You are a self motivated, results orientated person with a positive attitude who can work comfortably in a fast paced farm environment. You enjoy being outside, working as a part of a team, doing various farm related tasks and like to get your hands dirty and enjoy an honest days work.
Our farm team is responsible for planting, weeding, harvesting and processing our crops. As an entry level position of our farm team you will learn many new skills and have the opportunity to work inside the greenhouse, out in the fields and inside the pack house on a 15 acre Certified Organic farm.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Seeding and transplanting by hand or machine
- Weeding with tools and hands
- Harvesting, cleaning, bunching and preparing vegetables for cold storage
- Managing irrigation
- Maintaining farm equipment: changing oil, greasing, and making limited repairs to farm equipment and machinery
- Assisting in the general repair and maintenance of buildings
- Tractor driving and material handling
- Adhering to farm protocols and policies, which include food safety, farm safety and organic certification
- Tending to and harvesting of greenhouse crops
- Accurately packing orders for CSA, restaurants and wholesale accounts
- Attending farmers markets in a support role
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Other duties as required
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and quality
- Flexible work schedule
- Effective communication skills
- Physically able to preform task, able to bend for long periods of time, lift up to 20Kg
- Able to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, sleet or snow)
- Must have reliable means of transport (nearest bus route is 8km)
Duration: April to December 2015 or May to December 2015 with some flexibility with dates and a strong possibility for long-term employment and advancement.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week with extended hours and weekend work as needed in the summer months and during fall harvest.
Wage: $11.00-13.00/hour depending on experience plus farm veggies when available and flowers.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 13th, 2015
About Cropthorne Farm
Cropthorne Farm is a Certified Organic Family Farm located on Westham Island, just outside of Ladner, BC. We grow a wide variety of crops year round, along with eggs from our happy pastured hens. We cultivate 15 acres of land as well as grow in poly greenhouses. We sell our produce via five weekly farmers markets, a farm stand and a130 member CSA. We are passionate young farmers who love what we do and are excited to share our knowledge with others. In 2014 we won BC’s Outstanding Young Farmer Award.
1 thought on “JOB: Farm Hands at Cropthorne Farms – Ladner, BC”
My name is Peter Jacob I am from India, I am very much interested in Farm work hence would like to know if I will get a Job. I am a dedicated worker. Kindly help me in providing an opportunity I will do my best.