The Cobble Hill Farmers’ Market on Vancouver Island, BC is seeking a Farmers’ Market Manager for the 2019 season!
They are looking for an outgoing, organized and committed person to take on the role of 2019 Market Manager. This is a contract position from the beginning of June 2019 until the end of Sept 2019 that will pay $800 per month based on 10-13hrs per week.
About Cobble Hill Farmers’ Market
The Cobble Hill Farmers Market (CHFM) opens June 6th and runs every
Thursday evening from 5:00pm to 8:30 pm until September 26th at the Cobble Hill Hall grounds. Cobble Hill Farmers’ Market is a vibrant, multi-cultural Farmers Market, promoting small-scale farmers, food producers and artisans.
The market manager is responsible for scheduling vendors, managing vendor applications, collecting weekly vendor fees, issuing receipts and documenting vendors and attendance . The market manager will oversee weekly setup, vendor stall locations, operations and clean-up of the market. Coordinating volunteers, taking market photos for promotion updating social media Facebook and Instagram are included in the responsibilities of the Market Manager. You will take direction from, and be assisted by, a volunteer board of directors and will submit a detailed report at the end of the market season.
- Outgoing • the Market Manager must have a positive, energetic outlook and be a
people person with strong communication skills, who enjoys interacting with farmers, market vendors, musicians, volunteers, sponsors, customers and board members (in person, phone, email, etc). A successful Market Manager is highly self-motivated, takes initiative and possesses strong leadership skills.
- Organized • the Market Manager will be responsible to organizing the week to week vendor and activities changes. Experience with Word and Excel and access to a computer is required.
- Committed • As both part of a team and a leader, you are creative, enthusiastic, and able to think on your feet, motivate others, be a problem solver, and positively deal with minor conflicts. As a representative of the Cobble Hill Farmers Market Association, you must be community-minded and willing to learn about and promote sustainable agriculture.
Let us know if you have work experience, volunteer experience, or a strong skill-set in any
of these areas as: ∙ Cash handling ∙ Conflict resolution ∙ Familiarity with the Cowichan Valley ∙ Volunteer management ∙ Event organization ∙ Marketing ∙ FoodSafe or Marketsafe certification ∙ Basic First Aid
- Recruiting and record keeping of market vendors, volunteers
- Overseeing Market info booth (along with the board)
- Providing excellent customer service to shoppers and vendors
- Providing management and support to on-site volunteers
- Attending board meetings and ongoing communications with board members via email
- Working with Board/Vendor Selection Committee to determine the optimal mix of market vendors
- Promoting the market and increasing its customer base
- Conduct periodic surveys, both formal and informal, to assess customer and vendor opinions and satisfaction with the market; receive input from vendors and others to improve the market
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Learn More About Cobble Hill Farmers’ Market
Visit the Market’s website.