Job Posting for Maternity Leave: Book Keeper
The Certified Organic Associations of BC (COABC) is seeking to hire an experienced temporary bookkeeper to cover maternity leave for 12-18 months. The Bookkeeper works closely with the COABC Executive Director. This is a part time position, 14 hours (2 days) per week. The position will be based out of our Vernon office.
COABC is a non-profit organization that values healthy soil, biological diversity and ecological harmony. COABC views the organic certification system as an effective way to move agricultural production to more sustainable methods. The organization also supports activities that contribute to a strong organic community in BC.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with Sage 50 and fund bookkeeping
- Experience with full cycle bookkeeping
- Experience working in a non-profit office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving skills and be solutions oriented
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivation; ability to manage multiple tasks within a timeframe
- Excellent computer skills: Sage Accounting, word processing, database and Internet/emailaccount management, Excel, Windows
- Sense of humour
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage COABC books:
o Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable,
o Bank Deposits,
o Payroll and Benefits,
o Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports quarterly, yearend and as needed otherwise
- Provide project based bookkeeping to manage events and project financials
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget
- Any other duties as assigned
Please respond with a cover letter, a resume and 3 references to COABC via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications August 12, 2019. Approximate start date August 19, 2019.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.