This paid internship opportunity is on a certified organic, family run vegetable farm in the stunning and magical Slocan Valley. Come grow with us!
Located near Winalw, BC our farm is a very successful (and very busy!) little veggie paradise – the operation is 4 acres, 3 of hay and 1 of veggies, our intensive vegetable garden is the heart of our business and we sell our produce at the Nelson farmer’s market, a weekly farm stand and through a 20 member CSA. We have a passionate and devoted customer base and we are fortunate to have a small but thriving agriculture community around us to collaborate with. This is an incredible opportunity for someone interested in pursuing small scale agriculture and sustainable living.
What we need:
Farming is a many hats type of calling, our days can take us from grunt manual labour to customer service to aesthetic design to number crunching to conflict resolution all in a day’s work – apprenticing to farming means being willing to try on a lot of different hats! At a minimum this means you should have: a positive attitude, excellent physical and mental stamina, diverse interests, and a versatile skill set. Also you must be available from April to October.
What we offer:
- A positive and respectful working environment, we love what we do and where we live – its a great place to be!!
- $800/month stipend
- One-room cabin with outdoor kitchen & solar shower/bath
- Food subsidy: some dry goods such as rice, beans, oats etc. and all-you-can-eat produce from our farm
- Bicycle – your very own ten-speed for cruising into the village or to the swimming hole
- Amazing rural community with lots of creative, progressive, friendly folk to meet
- Incredible natural landscape with lots of opportunities for hiking, canoeing, biking and swimming, we are surrounded by snowcapped peaks and within a day’s drive of several hotsprings
- Hands on work experience in all aspects of farm operations and access to our extensive resource library
Find out more about our farm at www.ravinecreek.wordpress.com
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Feb. 28, 2017