The deadline for applications has passed. We thank all those who applied and we have made our hiring decisions.
For current Ignatius Jesuit Centre employment please see: https://ignatiusguelph.ca/get-
Check back with us in January 2021 for our 2021 Farm Internship program!
View more farm jobs and apprenticeships here.
Do you have an interest ecological agriculture?Join the team at Ignatius Farm in Guelph, Ontario this season!
ABOUT IGNATIUS FARM
The Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers markets, local businesses and service agencies. The Farm’s programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and several annual community events.
The Ignatius Farm is looking for passionate, imaginative, eco-minded individuals to help us care for our organic farm. You will help build the Farm’s vision of developing local food systems, innovative greenhouse production, eco-spirituality, community shared agriculture, and education programs.
- Background knowledge and/or interest in gardening, greenhouse production, soils, ecology, local food systems, use of basic tools.
- Commitment to Health & Safety mindfulness, working outside in all weather, operating as a cohesive team, and building community.
- Assets: Valid G class drivers licence, First Aid/CPR
The Ignatius Farm Internship combines weekly education curriculum with hands-on field work to develop your skills and understanding as a farm worker, and the basis of your work in ecological agriculture or food system advocacy.
- Two-week April & November Intensives: Foundational Workshops & Orientation begin the growing season, Management Workshops & Debrief conclude the growing season
- Weekly workshops /field trips including monthly field days networking with CRAFT SW Ontario peers
- Personal learning objectives incorporated into weekly program and independent project
- Community connections will be facilitated within the Ignatius Jesuit Centre with farm tenants, Loyola Retreat House, community garden network, etc
- Plant, transplant, weed, harvest and process vegetables effectively in field and greenhouses
- Provide excellent quality organic produce for CSA, farmers market, Loyola House & local businesses
- Participate fully in trainings and support training others
- Log field activities and contribute to system improvements
- Use tools safely and support maintenance of tools, equipment, & structures
- Contribute to community events, newsletters, social media, community gardens
Contract Dates: Full-Season Contract: April 15 – November 15, 2019
Summer Contract: April 15 – August 30, 2019
Application Deadline: February 4, 2019
Hours per week: 40 hours per week farm work plus 5-10 hours per week education program
Submit resume and letter of interest with application details to email@example.com
Compensation: Modest stipend, Housing with internet, and a generous share of vegetables provided
Submit resume and letter of interest with application details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of interest must be specific as per the Application Details below.
Submit your resume and a letter of interest which must include:
- Email and phone number for daytime contact
- Which internship you are applying for – Full-Season or Summer
- Prior commitments during the contract timeline, with dates
- Intention to live in the accommodations provided on-site
- Describe your farming/gardening experience
- Why are you interested in organic farm internship at the Ignatius Farm?
- What would you like to learn during the internship?
- What skills and qualities would you offer the Farm?
- Do you prefer solo work or team-based work?
- You have fully read the online 2019 Ignatius Farm Internship information package https://ignatiusguelph.ca/ignatius-farm/internships/