Free public presentation with Mark McAfee, spokesperson for the Raw Milk Institute in California. RAWMI is committed to being the most-trusted source of information for and about the raw dairy industry.
Whether you’re a dairy farmer looking for help in producing the highest quality product, a consumer trying to make an informed decision about this important source of nutrients, or a legislator or regulator building your knowledge of the raw milk industry … you’ve come to the right place.
The talk will include:
– Current legal issues surrounding raw milk in BC
– Raw milk best practices on the farm
– Testing systems, protocols, and results
– How to simplify raw milk safety to a very reliable and consistent science – with data to prove it
– History of raw milk
– Nutrition of raw milk
– What RAWMI can do for farmers
– Changes that occur in pasteurization and processing
– What American and European raw milk systems and practices show us
– and, plenty of Q&A with Mark
Mark McAfee, spokesperson for the Raw Milk Institute(RAWMI) in California, is the founder and CEO of Organic Pastures Dairy in Fresno, California, which is on their 4th generation family farm and distributes raw dairy products in over 600 stores in California. Mark is internationally recognized as an expert in raw milk safety and production, having headed a team which developed and published the first international raw milk production and safety standards. He has spoken at Rutgers and Stanford University Medical Schools and has been an expert witness in legislative and judicial proceedings across America.
Sponsored by BC Herdshare Association, Young Agrarians, KPU Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems and Slow Food Vancouver.
Melville Centre Conference Room, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Richmond Campus
8771 Lansdowne Road
Doors at 7:30pm, Talk at 8pm.