Island Flower Farm in Qualicum Beach, BC is hiring a part-time employee for the 2020 season!
About Island Flower Farm
Island Flower Farm is a small 5 acre family operated farm on Vancouver Island, just 10 minutes from Qualicum Beach. We sell our flowers at farmers markets’, our road side farm stand, to supply florists and design work for weddings.
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about farming or flowers and can keep up with two busy farmers? Our ideal candidate has:
- A serious interest in farming, flower farming, horticulture, etc. (previous agricultural experience is an asset)
- Physical ability to carry out farm tasks (bending, lifting, kneeling, standing, and repetition)
- Lots of energy and highly motivated
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions (wind, rain, cold, and sunny days)
- A mind for efficiency and completion of tasks in a timely matter.
- Open and positive communication skills
- Open to learning
- Sense of humour
Duties to carry out involve but are not limited to weeding, planting, harvesting, processing & conditioning flowers, event preparation, and other rotating farm chores.
Term: The position goes from mid-March right through to the end of September, for a minimum of 3 days a week with additional dates and opportunities arising throughout the season.
Hours per week: Work days are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (can be negotiated to an extent) and approximately 24 hours a week (8 hours per shift).
Wage: Hired candidates will be offered training and pay beginning at $15, along with the opportunity to take extra flowers home.
Resumes can be submitted, with references and a cover letter describing previous experience and interest in this position, by e-mail to islandflowerfarmer@Icloud.com.
Applications are considered as they are received, and will be accepted until April 1st 2020.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Island Flower Farm
Visit them online at www.islandflowerfarm.ca
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.