Nourish Farm in Qualicum Beach, BC is looking for two Farm Hands for the 2020 season!
ABOUT NOURISH FARM
Nourish Farm is a certified organic farm growing a wide variety of vegetables and some fruit on 2 acres which we sell at the local farmers market as well as our farm store on our property. We are also hosts to seasonal short term agritourism vacation rentals.
This is our 9th season farming successfully and we are looking again for two awesome individuals to join our farm for the 2020 season. We value our farm hands and know that having a team that works well together where everyone puts in a great effort enables us and our team to finish work at a normal time which allows for everyone to enjoy fishing, hiking, biking or just a walk or swim at the beach:)
Who you are:
- Eligible to work in Canada
- You enjoy physical work outdoors in all weather conditions
- You are able to perform physically demanding jobs, endure heaving lifting, accept repetitive tasks, and be OK with squatting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
- You are energetic and have great physical and mental stamina
- You like to hustle, get dirty and you are a team player along with being able to work solo
- You are respectful, friendly, and receptive to feedback
- Someone who will tell us who you really are, and not what you think we want to hear:)
What your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Bed preparation, shoveling, raking, irrigation
- Greenhouse growing, pruning, staking
- Possibly working farmers market
- Poultry and Sheep chores
- Some farm infrastructure projects, farm maintenance, flower care, mowing, weed whacking grass or weeds
- Willing to learn to operate a walking tractor (BCS)
- Seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting and processing
Term: March 30th until mid October (somewhat flexible on start date if we have at least one person starting earlier). 2 full time seasonal positions
Weekly hours: 40 hours a week
What we have to offer you!!
- Free delicious organic veggies and eggs
- On-farm accommodation available for rent (details can be discussed during an interview)
- Work/life balance on a farm (maybe a break to the beach on an extremely stinking hot day:)
- We are located 8 minutes driving to downtown Qualicum Beach, we are surrounded by hiking/biking trails, have great beaches and lakes close by, awesome mountains to climb, fantastic fishing, caving……
- Help you become a successful new farmer, providing you with more than just growing food skills but learning all it takes to run your own business along with having fun doing it!
- WAGES: $15/hour + 4% vacation pay
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put in the subject line: “I want to farm”
Learn more about Nourish Farm