Laughing Crow Organics in Pemberton, BC is hiring Field Crew for the 2020 season!
Laughing Crow Organics
We are a 5 acre certified organic mixed vegetable and flower farm. The farm grows for two Farmers’ Markets, 100+ CSA Members, our on farm honour stand, local restaurants and two Agri tourism ventures (sunflowers maze and u-Pick pumpkins) We are located 11 km up from the village of Pemberton.
We use a combination of small tractors and hand tools for field cultivation, the majority of planting and harvesting is done by hand or with hand tools.
The farm is the mutual passion of friends Kerry and Andrew, established in 2013 now heading into its 8th year.
We take pride in producing certified organic high quality fresh vegetables & flowers to nourish our community in the sea to sky corridor.
We are passionate about what we do, how we grow, and strive to continue learning, improving and evolving how we farm to better balance our business & personal goals.
We’re looking for people who want to be involved in the process of growing really good food, like hard work, enjoy a good challenge, value doing their work well are able to work quickly and efficiently in a crew or alone,
Ideal candidates will feel comfortable with aligning themselves with these descriptions:
- Hardworking – Able to consistently work quickly while maintaining work quality and attention to detail.
- Communicative – respectful of others, receptive to feedback and adjustments for work processes,
- Reliable and Punctual-Arrive for work ready to work with the appropriate attire.
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment.
- Must be physically fit, able to work bent over for periods of time, able to lift 40-50lb bins
- Comfortable in all weather conditions including extreme heat
- Generally positive attitude- strive to create positive environments within themselves and in their surroundings.
- Previous farm experience is not necessary but previous labour or trades experience is an asset.
As a small, hard-working team of 4 to 5 people, we all participate in nearly every aspect of what it takes to run a mixed vegetable farm. This means that daily tasks are diverse and may include any combination of:
- Field Prep
- Field Cultivation with hand tools
- Field Cultivation with tractors
- Seed Starting
- Direct Seeding
- Harvesting Vegetables and Flowers by Hand
- Stocking The Farm Stand
- Sign-making for Agritourism (Pumpkin Patch, Sunflower Maze)
- Wash & Pack Duties
- Delivering Vegetable Boxes and Special Orders
- Selling at Farmers’ Market Booth
- Field Clean-Up
Term: Full time positions May 1st -Oct 31st or there about. Season and weather depending.
Hours: Full time 40 hrs per week
Wage: Wage to be decided, based on experience. Free in season veggies are a bonus to the wage.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and your current resume with at least two references.
Our application deadline is March 1st but we will likely fill the positions before then, Please don’t hesitate to contact us asap if this is a position you are interested in!
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Laughing Crow Organics
Check out the Laughing Crow Organics Website
View the Young Agrarians jobs page for more job and apprenticeship listings.