Be Ingredients on MacInnes Farms in Langley, BC is seeking two part-time Farm Hands!
ABOUT Be Ingredients on MacInnes Farms
Be Ingredients is located on a 96 Acre Farm in Langley BC and believes in Permaculture Agriculture. We are very passionate about growing and buying local food. They believe in the environmental benefits of keeping bees and planting trees as well the enjoyment of the taste and health benefits of raw honey and hazelnuts. We have strong ties and knowledge of the farmland that their crops are growing on and want to support a local sustainable agriculture in BC. We grow barley, hops, apple trees, hazelnut trees and raise bees for honey and free range chickens for eggs. We use everything from tractors to pruners.
The farm’s production plan is structured around the needs of Locality Brewing, the Farm brewery that is located on the farm and uses the ingredients grown by Be Ingredients. We also sell our surplus crops from our brewery, local markets and deliveries.
Be Ingredients farms in a permaculture style and works with the land and nature and looks to uphold and increase biodiversity to the farm. We believe if you look after the land, the land will look after you.
- Minimum 1 year of hands on experience on small permaculture, organic or multi-crop farms.
- Self directed and task oriented
- Willingness and passion to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in either a team environment or alone
- Experience in fast paced environment
- Able to perform physical labour, including repetitive tasks
- Passion for farming and growing local food!
- Drivers License for deliveries
- Seeding and transplanting starts
- Weeding and irrigation
- Pruning trees and vines
- Maintaining soil health
- Weekly harvesting (washing, weighing, storage)
- Delivery to restaurant and breweries
- Setting-up farmers market
Term: This is a seasonal position running from June 15 – Sept 15, 2021.
Hours per week: 2 Part time jobs – 20 hours/week (flexible, depending on high / low season)
As part of the Be Ingredients team, perks include:
- One dozen eggs a week
- A free Locality Brewing Shirt
- 1 jar of honey
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Be Ingredients on MacInnes Farms