Ignatius Farm in Guelph, ON, is hiring Farm Workers for the 2020 season!
About Ignatius Farm
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers markets, local businesses and service agencies. The Farm’s programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and several annual community events.
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre (IJC) is a not for profit charity situated on 600 acres of woodlands, wetlands and farmland just outside of Guelph Ontario. IJC welcomes all and is home to Loyola Retreat House & Ignatian Training, Ignatius Farm, the Ignatius Old-Growth Forest, St Brigid’s Villa and Orchard Park Office Centre.
Ignatius Farm is looking for passionate, imaginative, eco-minded individuals to help us care for the Ignatius organic farm. You will help build the Ignatius Farm vision of developing local food systems, innovative greenhouse production, eco-spirituality, community shared agriculture, and education programs.
- Works well outside in all weather, at a good pace
- Experience with farming, gardening, or other field work, and using basic tools
- Solid basic math and customer service skills
- Good communicator and team-mate
- First Aid/CPR, Valid G class driver’s license an asset
- Health and Safety mindfulness; physically fit
- Plant, transplant, weed, harvest and clean vegetables and berries according to Organic and Food Safety protocols
- Perform field activities efficiently and effectively, to produce and prepare excellent quality vegetables for those who will eat them
- Friendly and effective customer service
- Log activities and field production information
Utilize field and harvest tools safely and according to training provided
- Support maintenance of tools, equipment, & structures
- Weekend work may be required
Job Type: Contract
Term: June 1, 2020-February 28, 2021 * contract length funding dependent
Number of positions: 4
Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: June 1, 2020 * Early applications encouraged.
To be eligible to apply for the Canada Summer Jobs Program, applicants must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- legally entitled to work in Ontario.
*Please specify in your application whether or not you qualify for the Canada Summer Jobs Program
We thank all applicants in advance; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Ignatius Farm