Home Farm Gardens on Bowen Island, BC is hiring full time Farm Labourers for the 2019 season!
About Home Farm Gardens
Home Farm is a family run business started in 2007 and located on Beautiful Bowen Island on the site of a wonderful Heritage Farm named Endswell which is located just a 15 minute ferry ride from Vancouver. We are a mixed farm and landscaping company. Our Market Garden includes a half acre micro farming plot and 100 foot greenhouse. The Market Garden begins in April with radishes and kale and ends in October with the last of our tomatoes and squash. Our animals include 140 acres of pasture fed sheep, chickens, pigs, donkeys and ponies.
All of our produce is grown using self sustainable, organic food practices and our animals are free range, pasture fed, raised with the same care and attention to their welfare as our own family.
We are looking for someone with a background in ecology, agriculture, horticulture or an interest in the above who is a good team player and enjoys a working environment that is outside, including physical labour working in nature for the betterment of our environment.
- Work in indoor greenhouse and outdoors in the market garden area
- Manage specific pests
- Operate greenhouse and market garden irrigation systems to water
- Assist with order picking and assembly and ensure that quality standards are met or exceeded at all times
- Assist with transplanting or seeding of vegetables, herbs and flowers
- Operate machinery such as tractors and other specialized horticultural machinery and equipment
- Enjoy working with nature and have a general knowledge of plant biology, plant diseases and insects
- Maintain inventory and point of sale record counts as required
- Attend the Farmers Market as required and help with Farmers Market activities
- Clean work areas
- Assist in any other farming related tasks as requested by the Farm Manager or Farm Supervisor
Term: Position begins in April 2019 through to September or October (flexible end date, can be discussed and agreed upon).
Weekly hours: Employee is expected to work 35 hours per week
Wage: $17 per hour
Please attach resume with references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About Home Farm Gardens
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.