Ignatius Farm in Guelph, ON, is seeking Farm Associates for the 2020 season!
About Ignatius Farm
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers markets, local businesses and service agencies. The programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships and farmer training, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and several annual community events.
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre (IJC) is a not for profit charity situated on 640 acres of woodlands, wetlands and farmland just outside of Guelph Ontario. IJC welcomes all and is home to Loyola Retreat House & Ignatian Training, Ignatius Farm, the Ignatius Old-Growth Forest.
Are you passionate and ecologically minded? The Ignatius Farm’s vision actively supports community food systems, innovative regenerative crop production, eco-spirituality, community shared agriculture, and farm education!
- Knowledge or experience in gardening, ecological farming, greenhouse production, or other field work, and using basic tools
- Able to work outside in all weather, at a good pace
- Solid basic math and customer service skills
- Commitment to Health & Safety, operating as a cohesive team, and building community
- Assets: Valid G class drivers licence, First Aid/CPR
The Farm Associates lead the farm team members to grow, harvest, and distribute quality organic vegetables and berries.
- Work with and set pace for teams of interns, volunteers, field workers, and external groups
- Plant, transplant, weed, harvest and clean vegetables and berries according to Organic and Food Safety protocols
- Wonderful customer service for CSA, U-pick berries, and Milton Farmers Market
- Utilize and maintain tools, equipment & structures safely and according to training provided
- Support farm education and community programs, Community Gardens, Community Orchard, seasonal events, volunteers, outreach
Farm Associates take on specific leadership roles:
- Field Lead – Staff &Production coordination; Field Inventories; Log field activities and production information; Harvest management; Post-harvest handling; Curing, storage & packing; Soil fertility
- Field Lead – Machinery care & field equipment operations, berry production & U-pick management
- Indoor Production – Seedlings, microgreens, in-ground crops, irrigation, sales & crop distribution: CSA, Wholesale/produce orders, and/or Farmers Market
Job Type: Contract – April 20 – August 28, 2020
Start Dates: April 20 or May 5, 2020
Hours: 40 hours per week average
Wage: $2375/month; small CSA share and/or garden plot as Farm Staff benefit
Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by March 31, 2020.
Your letter of interest must specify:
- Whether you meet all of the following funding eligibility criteria
- Relevant expertise for Farm Associate leadership roles
Some positions are funded through the EcoCanada SWILP program.
Indicate if you meet the following criteria, before the start date:
- 30 years old or younger
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status. Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible for SWILP.
- Current post-secondary student studying in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, or Math (STEAM) or Business .
Go to https://www.eco.ca/swilp/studentquiz.aspx to become pre-approved for the EcoCanada Student Work-Integrated Learning Program (SWILP).
We thank all applicants in advance; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Ignatius Farm