This position has been filled.
Cowichan Green Community in Duncan, BC is seeking an Assistant Property & Office Manager!
Overview: This position will report directly to the General Manager and is responsible for assisting with CGC operations including The Station Building. This position is full time, 35 hours per week with a 3 month probationary period.
Duties: This position will be accountable for the following:
The Station: assist with management of the building
- Complete residential tenant intakes, move in/move out inspections, and requests
- Complete commercial tenants issues and concerns
- Purchase cleaning supplies and equipment
- Ensure building repairs and maintenance, including snow removal are completed
- Ensure building and common areas are kept clean
- Coordinate recycling and waste management
- Monitor security cameras, manage, and report issues to the GM and police
- Maintain the building emergency phone off hours and respond as required.
Administrative Support: provide support to staff
- Answer incoming calls, deal with inquires, and re-direct appropriately
- Maintain boardroom bookings and set-up requirements
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain CGC’s info@ email account and redistribute emails
- Update the internal policy and procedure manual
- Provide database entry and back-up
- Provide support and troubleshooting with IT systems, computers, and printers
- Support staff by completing errands including shopping and deliveries
- Provide support to the bookkeeper and program staff
- Coordinate magazine deliveries
- Complete other tasks as required for the smooth and efficient running of the office
- Complete monthly reports including building and administrative duties
- Complete “Tenant Incident” reports
- Assist the bookkeeper with collection and providing receipts for tenants’ rents
- Provide the bookkeeper with invoices for building and office expenses
- Complete monthly invoicing
- Assist with budgets
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other staff members, volunteers, partners, sponsors, and community members regarding all CGC related matters
- Meet with the GM weekly to discuss any issues.
- Perform other duties as required by the Management Team.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent in office management
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent in IT support
- Executive or administrative assistant /office experience of two or more years
- Experience in basic building maintenance and property management
- Quick-books experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with the public
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and IT.
- Two or more years’ experience at a community non-profit organization an asset
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relationship Building: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communications: Speaks, listens, and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Organizational Skills: Adheres to a work schedule and is able to complete all tasks on time.
- Attention to Detail: Maintains high standards of cleanliness.
- Autonomy: Demonstrates initiative and works well independently, adheres to agreed upon work schedule.
- Problem Solver: Addresses any problems or concerns immediately and with satisfactory results
- This position requires working inside in a very busy open-concept office; bending, lifting and moving of moderately heavy items; use of cleaning equipment and supplies; and a building environment as well as outside as needed.
- This position is full time for 35 hours per week. Wages commensurate with experience.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
Learn More About Cowichan Green Community
And check out their Year in Review video below: