AVA Technologies in Vancouver, BC is seeking a Plant Science and Customer Support Representative!
ABOUT AVA Technologies
AVA Technologies Inc. is a consumer brand passionate about helping reconnect the world back to their food. We invented AVA Byte, the world’s smartest indoor garden, designed for connected consumers who want to unlock their green thumbs. We are a young company looking to grow our AVA Family – are you ready to grow?
At AVA, we believe the world needs to grow more plants to appreciate nature and decrease their footprints. We want to empower anyone, anywhere, to grow anything, with an AVA powered garden in every home.
Pursue growth and learning. Read books, listen to podcasts, watch TED Talks, try new things, and wear different hats. Taking action is better than waiting too long and losing your chance. It’s OK to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them. Invest in yourself, stay hungry.
We don’t compete on price. We’re innovators. We create value and delight customers. We’re the first ever IoT indoor smart garden. Technology is the forefront of everything we do. Go the extra mile. Exceed expectations. WOW our customers at every touchpoint.
We are the AVA Family; everything we do should be for the greater good of the company even though the task at hand might not always be the most fun or exciting. Be humble, enthusiastic, persistent, and patient. Care for each other. Support each other. Use your team.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate the organization’s core values and contribute positively to their culture
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership, seeing things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Takes initiative and can exercise independent judgement given appropriate overall direction and objectives
- Collect and report data from plant science trials.
- Provide insight and analysis regarding plant growth and cultivar testing.
- Provide excellent customer support to ensure AVA Byte devices are operational and our mission of getting everyone growing is achieved
- Effectively communicate with users while documenting conversations, exchanges, or sessions into multiple systems (phone, chat, email)
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with a diverse user base
- Successfully translate complex technical information/instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless troubleshooting
- Demonstrate problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
Term: Start date is January 2nd, 2021. Minimum 4 month commitment, can be extended based on performance
Hours per week: 20-30 hours
Wage: $18 an hour, dependent on experience and education
Please email email@example.com with the title “Plant Science and Customer Support Representative Application – [Your Full Name] – [Application Date in format MM.DD.YY]”.
Attach your resume or LinkedIn Profile and copy paste your 16personalities in the application (link to the test here: https://www.16personalities.com/).
We do not review cover letters or transcripts, but you are welcome to type a short intro message.
If any of the above are missing, your application will not be considered.
Deadline to apply: Dec 15, 2020
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org