AVA Technologies Inc. in Vancouver, BC is seeking a Plant Science Data Analyst!
ABOUT AVA Technologies Inc.
Who Are We?
AVA Technologies Inc. is a consumer brand passionate about helping reconnect the world back to their food. We invented AVA Byte, the world’s smartest indoor garden, designed for connected consumers who want to unlock their green thumbs. We are a young company looking to grow our AVA Family – are you ready to grow?
Our Why: At AVA, we believe the world needs to grow more plants to appreciate nature and decrease their footprints.
Our Mission: Empower anyone, anywhere to grow anything.
Our Vision: An AVA-powered garden in every home.
Our Track Record: AVA has won over 15 different awards, raised $2.3M USD in Seed Funding, $1.5M in non-dilutive capital, and started shipping their products to hundreds of customers. We have experienced 3,000%+ increase in organic growth from COVID-19, and this market is poised for record-breaking growth.
Our Core Values:
- Get Growing
Pursue growth and learning. Read books, listen to podcasts, watch TED Talks, try new things, and wear different hats. Taking action is better than waiting too long and losing your chance. It’s OK to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them. Invest in yourself, stay hungry.
- Relentlessly Innovate and Create
We don’t compete on price. We’re innovators. We create value and delight customers. We’re the first ever IoT indoor smart garden. Technology is the forefront of everything we do. Go the extra mile. Exceed expectations. WOW our customers at every touchpoint.
- Own Your Ikigai
Ikigai is the intersection of what you love, what you’re good at, what the world needs, and what we can be paid for. We aren’t Big Brother. We embrace diversity and inclusion. Creativity is welcome. Show your personality. Do what you stand for. Trust your gut and intuition.
- We not Me
We are the AVA Family; everything we do should be for the greater good of the company even though the task at hand might not always be the most fun or exciting. Be humble, enthusiastic, persistent, and patient. Care for each other. Support each other. Use your team.
We’re looking for an inquisitive, organized, fast-learner, numbers-oriented person who can collect accurate repetitive information to join the AVA Family.
The Plant Science Data Analyst will be working alongside our Plant Growth and Innovation Lead in our Plant Science department.
You must have exceptional verbal and written communication, have a talent for initiating tasks with minimum supervision, bounce back from setbacks with positivity, and have at least one year of horticulture/growing experience! You are sociable, a self-starter, observant to small details, reliable, likes repetitive tasks and can maintain a clean and organized workplace with ease. Even if you are not a perfect fit, but are willing to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply!
Your mission is to help AVA grow, both our plants and our community. Your role will be pivotal in assisting AVA in cultivating seedlings to improve our home growers’ growth and overall experience.
Must have experience with:
- 1+ years of horticulture or equivalent growing experience
Nice to have experience:
- Google Suite, Slack, Asana
- Data analysis platforms
- Basic coding knowledge
- Interest in AgTech
- IoT understanding
Not a must but will set you apart:
- Previous experience in research or in creative writing
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate the organization’s core values and contribute positively to their culture
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership, seeing things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Takes initiative and can exercise independent judgement given appropriate overall direction and objectives
- Help manage our R&D lab for running experiments
- Monitoring plants and systems, data collection, and taking measurements, such as pH, TDS, plant height, leaf area index, yield and much more!
- Analyzing data and presenting findings to Plant Growth and Innovation Lead
Collect and report data from plant science trials
Successfully translate complex technical information/instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless troubleshooting
- Create compelling written content for our support and software teams to enhance the user growing experience
Term: Start-date: April 15th, 2021
Duration: 4 or 8 month co-op options
Hours per week: 40 hours (can be flexible with transitional part-time hours in April)
For all staff, we provide DISC assessments and communication training through a third party.
Food-loving, hard-working and collaborative young group passionate about helping the world get growing.
- Co-op student in certified co-op program or a student at an accredited university who will be returning to school.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must reside in Vancouver, BC, Canada and be able to join us in our office
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Plant Science Data Analyst Co-op Application – [Your Full Name] – [Application Date in format MM.DD.YY]”.
- Attach your resume or LinkedIn Profile and copy paste your 16personalities in the application (link to the test here: https://www.16personalities.com/).
- We do not review cover letters or transcripts, but you are welcome to type a short intro message.
- If any of the above are missing, your application will not be considered.
Deadline to apply: March 12th, 2021
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT AVA Technologies Inc.