This position has been filled.
Assist in the making of cider, promotion and sales, and production line for Tod Creek Cider, and in other marketing duties as needed.
This position is as an assistant position and over time, this positions expectation is to grow into the production manager.
Check out Tod Creek Cider online: www.todcreekcider.com
On Twitter: @todcreekcider
Find Tod Creek Cider on Facebook
- Assist in the blending, evaluating and making of cider.
- Provide a cheerful, friendly face to the onsite store where the public can purchase cider.
- Assist the public in choosing the ciders to buy, as well as provide short tours of the cidery. Provide a general explanation of the cider production process and answer general questions.
- Handle cash, credit card and debit transactions. Provide daily sales reports and be accountable for the cash box.
- In the summer months, work the farmers markets as available (approx once or twice a month) as needed.
- Provide marketing support for my other business, Island Basement Systems, while working in the onsite store during slow times.
- Assist in the production of the cider – ie; bottling, labeling, cleaning and prepping.
- Perform a weekly cleaning of the cider facility contact surfaces (ie. stainless steel tables, sinks, counters) and the onsite store.
- Set up the road direction signs each day that the store is open, and take down at the end of the day.
- Competently work the equipment in the cidery, such as the canning machine, labeler, bottling line, and orchard equipment such as the skidsteer, ATV, pallet jack etc.
- Assist in the orchard management, from planting pruning picking, to working the Integrated Pest Management program (i.e. looking after the chickens).
- Stock the onsite store shelves, change promotional material, etc.
- Other duties as detailed to assist the cidermaker.
- Offer suggestions, ideas, and help to make TCCC a better place, as well as a better cidery for our customers to enjoy.
- Dress in an appropriate fashion for working in a farm retail environment. Clean, neat and functional appearance.
- Be able to lift and move 25kg comfortably. 20L and 59L kegs of cider are being filled, and you will need to be able to move the 59L kegs via dolly’s, carts etc.
- Good command of the English language, ability to work on a Mac computer competently.
- Be punctual, polite and respectful of other staff, and customers.
- Take control of tasks assigned and complete them, or if you are unaware of how to accomplish a task, ask for help or directions.
- Help make great cider!
This is a full time, long term contract position, which means that you will need to provide invoices for your hours. You will be paid the full rate and will be responsible for your own taxes, deductions etc.
As a contractor, you are expected by CRA to set your own hours, but at a minimum we require the onsite store hours to be Wed to Sat, 10am to 4pm while the cider making is ongoing. Weekly hours are flexible dependent upon the needs of the cider, but a 40 hour work week is expected.
Hourly rate: to be established upon experience
Commission: A sales commission of 5% will be provided for onsite store sales that you make. Bonus is paid from the net revenue of sales (after taxes & container deposit).