Rondriso Farms in Surrey, BC is seeking a Farm Hand for the 2021 season!
ABOUT Rondriso Farms
Our farm is located 5 minutes off Hwy #1, exit 53 in North Surrey just 30-45 min drive from Vancouver. We are a second generation Canadian family farm that includes cattle, eggs, hay, a variety of vegetables and a pumpkin patch. All our products are sold through our farmgate General Store where we also distribute our Localicious Produce Box. Our farming practices are rooted in sustainability, tradition, and growing good clean food for good health. Community values are essential to the farms way of working and producing. If you are keen to work hard, connect with like-minded folk who are committed to excellent farming and customer service, please read on, check us out and be in touch!
Highlights of the Farm are:
- Localicious Produce Box – CSA box program (summer and fall programs)
- Pumpkin Patch – running through the month of October
- Our General Store – open year round
- Sweet Corn, Potatoes, Carrots (each reputed to be some of the best in the valley), beets, gourds and pumpkins, onions and garlic
- We also have a small herd of cattle raised for beef and have recently modestly increased our chicken coup to meet the demand for our eggs
About you: You enjoy getting your hands dirty and are eager to learn. Experience in farming, small-scale food production and/or labor positions is an asset however not required. This is an excellent opportunity for someone as an entry point into the field and/or someone who has recently graduated from some kind of agricultural or trade studies and wants to apply their knowledge. It is an opportunity to work with a farm team with generations of experience, known for loving what they do, working hard, and enjoying their time together. With passion, willingness and the capacity to learn and put in the work, there will be on-the-farm training to ensure that you have a solid and tailored understanding of the expectations in order to meet the demands of the role.
The following is an example of regular activities in the scope of this role.
- Weeding – by hand – by hoe and flame weeding
- Harvesting – this includes bunching, washing and grading different vegetable crops and eggs
- Cleaning facilities and boxes in preparation for CSA
- Sorting, organizing, and packing – during box program (July-September)
- Customer service during box days, special events and pumpkin patch
Start Date: This is a seasonal position with the potential for ongoing opportunities.
Hours per week: Schedule: Flexible hours based upon 20-25 hrs a week beginning May 1 and running through to November with the potential for more hours during peak periods.
Wage: Compensation: Wages will be based upon experience with a base of $16 hr. Starting wage will be reviewed following a probationary period and increases based upon performance. In addition to compensation perks are access to farm fresh produce, stylish farm merch (i.e. tshirt and hoody for public events) and discounts on instore products.
Please send your resume and cover letter attention Ron Tamis firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: Ongoing until filled. Ideally hiring in March.
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Rondriso Farms