This job has been filled. View more farm jobs here.
Medley Organics in Summerland BC, is seeking a Farm Worker for the 2020 season!
ABOUT Medley Organics
Very productive expanding small farm business on 2 leased pieces of land in beautiful Summerland, BC. Small acreage very established, new larger piece full of projects this year and for the future. In my 7th year of operation growing a wide variety of vegetables for the Penticton farmers’ market and some of the great restaurants of the region. Farm is certified organic.
- has at least done a 3 months apprenticeship on an organic farm or 4-6 months work experience
- is self-motivated to get jobs at hand done and can take instructions on how to do it
- is able to work in a variety of weather conditions (but mostly Okanagan Summer heat)
- is physically fit (most of the work involves being at ground level and lifting flats of produce)
- is interested in organic farming
- Field preparation (mowing, BCS tractor work, broadforking, adding ammendments, etc)
- Planting (both by seed and transplants)
- Weeding (flame and hand tools, but by hand too)
- Tons of harvesting
- Cleaning and sorting and packing produce for clients and market
- Helping with service and sales at farmers’ market
- some irrigation work (turning some taps and digging holes, glueing pipes, setting out drip lines)
- helping on other projects (building greenhouse this year, moving fence line, setting up egg production, more)
- Keeping records of most everything
Term: From early Spring to late Fall
Weekly hours: 40hours a week on 5 days
Wage: Wage will start at $15.00/hr. but is negotiable with experience. Also access to lots of vegetables and some fruit enough for eating and some preserving and hoarding for the winter.