This posting has been filled.
Puddle Produce Farm in Soda Creek, BC (near Williams Lake) is seeking a Farm Hand for the 2021 season!
About Puddle Produce Farm
Puddle Produce Farm is a small 1.5 acre certified organic vegetable farm established on a 70 acre property in the Soda Creek region of the Cariboo in BC (approximately 40kms north of Williams Lake). We grow 30-40 different vegetables and microgreens for the local farmers market, a CSA program, and retail.
About the Position
The farm manager is looking for 1 full-time committed farmhand from May-September, or later. They will report to the farm manager or assistant farm manager, and must be very physically fit, a quick learner, and mature enough to work independently when needed.
- Transplanting/recording field data
- Irrigation set up and maintenance
- Produce washing and processing
- Packing for CSA, wholesale and Farmers’ Market
- General farm labor as needed
- Assist with farmers’ market sales, when needed
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong desire and interest in learning about small-scale vegetable farming
- Must be very physically fit and energetic (must be able to lift minimum 50lbs repeatedly)
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
- Punctuality and strong time management skills
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in all weather situations
- Mature and positive attitude
- Good people and customer service skills
A vehicle will be required as there is no reliable transportation to/from the farm. If local or relocating, we are willing to discuss supporting fuel costs. PLEASE NOTE: there is little to no cell reception on the farm, but farmhands are welcome to use the land line when needed.
Term: May to September (or later) 2022
Wage: $16.50/hour, and includes all deductions and benefits as per provincial labour laws, as well as all the free veggies you want.
There is also a cash bonus for each farm hand that commits to and completes the entire season (minimum September 15 end date).
Hours: The candidate will work a 40hr work week, and days are Mon-Fri with opportunities for overtime, if desired.
Staying on the farm
There is a super sweet skoolie on the farm, available to the successful Farmhand candidate. It has a double bed, kitchenette, dining table, seating, electric fireplace, and Wifi. There is no bathroom on the bus, but there is a private bathroom in the farm house available for staff.
Please submit a 1 page (maximum) letter of interest, telling us why you are interested in this role. This must also accompany a resume (maximum 2 pages) and a minimum of three professional/personal references. Any applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Please email your letter of interest, resume, and references addressed to Brianna van de Wijngaard (Owner/Operator) at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 25, 2022 @ 5pm
When applying, please mention you saw this job posting on youngagrarians.org
Learn More about Puddle Produce Farm
Check out their website: www.puddleproduce.ca