This posting has been filled.
Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture in Sidney, BC is seeking a Coordinator of Community Engagement!
ABOUT Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture
The Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture is 83 acres of working farm, wetland and forest in the District of North Saanich that is a hub for best practices in regenerative agriculture. We foster and engage with emerging growers, researchers and community members to build a thriving, climate change-resilient future.
We are looking for the ideal person to join the Sandown Centre team as we head into our third growing season!
We practice regenerative agricultural techniques including a focus on soil health, minimal tillage, cover cropping, non-chemical pest control and soil amendments, and incorporation of animal husbandry into our land management practices, including rotational grazing. We are not certified organic.
The ideal person for this role will have/be:
● A commitment to the vision of the Sandown Centre (www.sandowncentre.com)
● Background in the food and farm sector, community engagement and community programming
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
● Creative with sensitivity to organizational mission and audience in communications work
● Related experience working with diverse communications, engagement and project management software (Facebook, Eventbrite, Google Drive, Zix web design, Zoom, Canva)
● Engaged, supervised and retained volunteers
● Solid graphic design skills (brochures, posters, infographics)
● Ability to edit and create short video clips for social media
● Ability to work with complexity and uncertainty
The Coordinator of Community Engagement will work with the Sandown Centre management team to establish and maintain emerging community relationships at the Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture. This role also potentially includes the administration of the community gardens operating at the Centre.
The Coordinator of Community Engagement will:
● Create and oversee content to ‘tell the Sandown story’ through a variety of platforms including website, newsletter and social media. This includes documenting activities through photography & video.
● Receive and respond to, and/or redirect, all public enquiries received through the Sandown Centre email, website or social media
● Coordinate media enquiries
● Coordinate and/or support community events and programs at
Sandown, which may include site tours, the August Flavour Trails
festival, workshops, and ‘Sandown circle’ celebratory events
● Help recruit and place volunteers to support Sandown Centre
● Build and maintain the contact database and mailing list
● Track metrics and indicators to measure Sandown Centre goals and
milestones as pertaining to community and partner engagement;
● Oversee administration and coordination of Sandown Community
Term: This contract position is somewhat seasonal in nature, with more activity in the busy growing months. We are looking to fill the position now for our fall activities.
Hours per week: Up to 10 hours a week.
Please reach out with a resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org