The Sharing Farm in Richmond, BC is seeking an Assistant Farm Manager!
ABOUT The Sharing Farm
The Sharing Farm is a not-for-profit organization that grows vegetables on city park land for the Richmond Food Bank and other community agencies. We also sell our produce via a CSA (community supported agriculture), farmers markets and on our online store.
The Sharing Farm is a unique community farm combining the practice of sustainable farming set within a framework of food justice and food security in the region. The Sharing Farm is located on the south bank of the Fraser River, on the unceded territory of the Kwantlen, Musqueam, Katzie, Semiahmoo, Tsawwassen, Qayqayt and Kwikwetlem people. The four-acre farm is situated within Richmond’s Terra Nova Rural Park, located at the west end of Westminster Highway, alongside the West Dyke, in Richmond BC. It is accessible by bus, skytrain, car, or bicycle.
For more information about the Sharing Farm please visit www.sharingfarm.ca
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undergo training and perform a lead role in the following areas:
- post harvest handling
- Keep accurate records
- Assist staff in all other areas of the farm operation
- Adhere to organizational safety and cleanliness standards
- Report to Farm Manager
- (PREFERRED, for federal funding eligibility) be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
— Must be punctual
— Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
— Must be able to work in challenging outdoor weather conditions, such as heavy rain, heat, and cold
— Must be able to stand, crouch, bend, or lift throughout shift
— Must be willing and able to communicate effectively and professionally with managers, co-workers, volunteers and customers
— Must be comfortable working with others as well as independently
— Must have professional gardening or farming experience
— Must have a valid driver’s license
— The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in organic farming
Compensation and Work Hours
$20 per hour.
40 hour work week.
After one year, extended health benefits, ($1000 allowance.)
Exact start and end date TBD– approximately late April to mid-October.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as we will begin interviewing immediately.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit resume and a cover letter to: Director of Operations: Leslie Williams email@example.com
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org
Learn more about The Sharing Farm