Sky Harvest in Richmond, BC is seeking a Bike Delivery and Microgreen Assistant!
ABOUT Sky Harvest
Sky Harvest is Canada’s first certified organic, urban farm. Our work transforms the urban landscape, improves access to healthy produce and provides a place of community, education and work for local residents. Our current focus is growing microgreens and delivering them by bicycle to Vancouver’s top chefs and grocery stores. We are looking for candidates with a strong sense of social and environmental responsibility, interested in joining our team of dedicated employees and volunteers whose unique talents shape Sky Harvest’s development.
Our day-to-day activities are driven by three core values:
- Lead by example: Providing a strong example of corporate social responsibility in business
- Inspire and assist: Spur the adoption of sustainability principles into others’ operations whenever feasible
- Innovate: Use innovation to move society towards sustainability and thrive-ability
- Strong cycling skills are a must, this is not a casual bike ride
- Interest in urban agriculture activities and passionate about sustainability and local food systems
- Fun and easygoing personality
- Ability to work quickly, pay attention to small details and carry on a conversation simultaneously
- Exhibits reliability and commitment to our organization
- Must be able to perform physical labour on a daily basis
- The candidate must have their own bike and be very comfortable pulling a small delivery trailer as well.
- Ability to perform bike deliveries of our products in all weather conditions. (Remember Vancouver experiences lots of rain!)
- Farming, gardening or experience working with your hands considered an asset
- Delivery (by bicycle) of our microgreens to our fine chefs. We have a unique trailer system that is compatible with most bikes
- Active participation in harvesting and planting is also a key component of this position
Term: Start date ASAP, permanent position
Hours per week: 16-45 depending on their schedule
Wage: Starting pay is $16.50/hr + 4% in lieu vacation pay & Bike maintenance bonus & Extended Health Benefits (Massage, Dental etc.) & Fitness Pass Program & East Van Hot Yoga pass, paid sick days & weekly microgreens.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Sky Harvest