Richmond GAIA Farm in Richmond, BC is seeking a Farm Supervisor!
ABOUT Richmond GAIA Farm
We naturally grow our own spray-free produce and fresh eggs from free-range chickens fed with GMO-free feeds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a physically fit, energetic candidate who enjoys working in an agricultural environment in every kind of weather condition. We are looking for someone with a passion for sustainable agriculture who wants to learn and build a career in small-scale farming.
Our 10-acre peri-urban farm in Richmond, B.C., needs a full-time Farm Supervisor to run a mixed-farming operation. The successful candidate will have general knowledge and understanding of farming, growing a wide variety of Western and Chinese vegetables and fruits, raising chickens and caring for a farm dog. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a positive and outgoing attitude, learns and adapts quickly to new situations, can work independently and collaboratively on assigned duties. The candidate will become a strong, effective player on our farm team. Onsite accommodation is available.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduation or beyond
- An excellent level of physical fitness
- A mechanical interest or aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members verbally and in writing
- Previous work in a farming or landscaping environment is an asset
- Knowledge of operating farm machinery is an asset.
The Farm Supervisor will work independently but also undertake specific farm activities collaboratively or in coordination with other farm team members to create and maintain an effective and efficient work environment.
The Farm Supervisor’s duties relate directly to vegetable and fruit production, including planting, irrigating, weeding, harvesting and washing produce, and the care and management of poultry stock. Specifics include, but are not limited to:
- planning for crop production;
- understanding and carrying out farm operating procedures;
- performing daily chores, e.g., animal health care, feeding, barn work and egg collection;
- periodically setting up a rotational pasture with electric fences, as well as testing and maintaining electric fences.
Term: Full-time, permanent
Hours per week: 40-50 hours per week, as sometimes weekends are needed
Wage: Between $4,000 – $4,800 monthly.
This position is an opportunity to become an integral member of an exciting and dynamic farming project! We look forward to receiving your application.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT Richmond GAIA Farm