KPU Farm in Richmond, BC is seeking a Farm Field Trial Manager!
ABOUT KPU Farm
The Department of Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems (SAFS) is an innovative program which is focused on fostering a sustainable regional food system. Through partnerships with industry partners, our faculty carry out research that is focused on developing resilient agroecosystems. We also grow a whole mix of vegetables for sale at the Kwantlen St. Market in Richmond and through wholesale channels
The KPU Farm is certified organic and implements agroecosystems thinking in our farm planning and management.
- Experience in small scale, diverse farming systems
- Experience in farm equipment operation (tractor, walk behind tractors, and implements)
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience conducting agricultural field trials
- Ability to clearly communicate scientific results through reports and presentations to a range of audiences (ie. Farmers, students, scientists)
- Coordinating with faculty on the execution of field trials.
- Overseeing field trials and providing any field maintenance required.
- Working with KPU Farm Manager to coordinate field trial needs with the farm operations.
- Carry out data collection and analysis.
- Assist with knowledge mobilization of findings to stakeholder groups.
Term: Start Date- ASAP
Duration- 30 weeks from start date
Hours per week: 35 hrs/wk
Wage: $30/hr + 4% in lieu of benefits
Applications must be submitted through the KPU Employment Portal.
Deadline to apply: May 25th 2022
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org