Ravine Creek Farm in Winlaw, BC is seeking a farm worker for their certified organic, family run vegetable farm in the stunning and Slocan Valley. Come grow with us!
ABOUT Ravine Creek Farm
We are a small, certified organic family farm near the banks of the Slocan River in the West Kootenay. We grow a broad range of seasonal vegetables for our CSA, Nelson Famer’s Market and a weekly farmstand. We use mainly hand tools and our BCS walking tractor. We also have 3 acres of hay fields which we use for mulch in the garden.
Our presence serves to engage our community in food production, habitat stewardship, and supporting our local economy. We are fostering a revitalization of agriculture here at home, while maintaining solidarity with other communities engaged in similar efforts. We are active members of the Kootenay Organic Growers Society.
- Positive attitude – indispensable !
- Physical fitness – farming is very physically demanding and requires the ability to ENJOY the following types of activities: lift and carry up to 40-50lbs (safely!), squat, kneel, bend down in all kinds of weather (heat, cold, wet, bugs etc), perform repetitive tasks such as hoeing and harvesting etc. All in the great outdoors all the time!
- A passion for time management
- Basic field work such as transplanting, cultivating with hand tools, crop maintenance, bed lay out, harvesting etc.
- Also vegetable prepping, packing and possibly sales.
Term: April to October
Hours: Position is part time, approx 24 hrs/week.
Wage & Extras: Wage is $14-$15/hr depending on experience, all the veggies you can eat!
Please send a resume with brief cover letter to Alys at
Learn more about Ravine Creek Farm