Island Flower Farm in Qualicum Beach, BC is seeking help from TWO part-time manual farm labourers for 2021!
ABOUT Island Flower Farm
Island Flower Farm is a small 5 acre family operated farm on Vancouver Island, just 10 minutes from Qualicum Beach.
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about farming, gardening, or flowers and can keep up with two busy farmers? Our ideal candidate has:
- A serious interest in farming, flower farming, horticulture, etc. (previous agricultural or flower experience is an asset)
- Physical ability to carry out farm tasks (bending, lifting, kneeling, standing, and a lot of repetition)
- Lots of energy and highly motivated
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions (wind, rain, cold, and sunny days)
- A mind for efficiency and completion of tasks in a timely matter.
- Open and positive communication skills
- Open to learning
- Sense of humour
Duties to carry out involve but are not limited to weeding, planting, harvesting, processing & conditioning flowers, shovelling, wheelbarrowing, fertilizing, bucket washing, event preparation, and other rotating farm chores.
Term: The position goes from March right through to the end of October (with some potential for work in Late November- Mid December).
Hours per week: 24-30. The first position is 2-3 days a week. 8 hour shifts. Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday. The second position is 4 days a week. 8 hour shifts. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday.
+ Additional dates and opportunities arising through the season for more work.
Wage: Hired candidates will be offered training and pay beginning at $15, along with the opportunity to take extra flowers home.
Resumes can be submitted, with references and a cover letter describing previous experience and interest in this position, by e-mail to islandflowerfarmer@Icloud.com.
Applications are considered as they are received.
Deadline to apply: Feb 21st 2021
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org