Northern Lights Estate Winery in Prince George, BC is seeking a Farm Manager for the 2021 season!
ABOUT Northern Lights Estate Winery
Northern Lights Estate Winery is the most northern winery and largest fruit winery in BC. It grows fruit on five different locations, host multiple events such as wedding and offers the best view in town for its Bistro customers and employees. We are proud to be Prince George no 1 place to visit for its wine and beautiful site. We are looking for an enthusiast horticulturist/orchardist to join the amazing team for the coming season. The successful candidate will have the chance to interact with every departments which makes this position vibrant.
Although Northern Lights Estate Winery is not certified organic, we try to stay away from pesticide, herbicide and synthetic fertilizer as much as we can. We encourage biodiversity on our sites and promote an healthy environment for all living creatures.
- At least 1 years of professional plant growing environment (farm, greenhouse, nursery) or education in agriculture.
- Experience supervising a crew.
- Extensive plant knowledge.
- Handyperson (carpentry, mechanic, plumbing)
- Resourceful and independent
- Experience in leadership position
- Organized and reliable
- Ability to gather data accurately.
- Own transportation
Task will include but not be limited to
- Management of all fruit growing aspects including pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest control, and harvest
- Create work schedule
- Supervise farm crew (4-30 people)
- Hire farm crew
- Maintain and fixing irrigation (Hunter control panels, solenoids, sprinkler heads)
- Responsible for equipment and site maintenance
- Responsible of weekly purchases
- Keep track of budget
- Report directly to Director of Operation
- Participate with event setup
- Helping the cellar person with fruits movement
Term: Full-time seasonal position starting mid March until mid November
Hours per week: 40hrs/week
- Statutory holiday paid (farming sector is not required to pay but NLEW does)
- Education reimbursement possibility
- Tradeshow and seminars participation
Accommodation: No accommodation available.
Send a resume and cover letter email@example.com
Deadline to apply: March 31st
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org