Terra Nostra Organic Farm, in Powell River, BC, is seeking a Farm Hand for the 2022 season!
About Terra Nostra Organic Farm
Terra Nostra Farm is nestled at the beginning of Paradise Valley. We grow 40+ different types of vegetables on about 3 acres of fields and greenhouse. Our 7th season of growing will see our farm store and CSA expanding along with continuing support of local shops, markets, and restaurants…
Farmhand at Terra Nostra Organic Farm, Powell River, BC.
Duration: April to October 2022, Full-time commitment. Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm with a half hour for lunch.
Job Description: The work varies from week to week but will include seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, harvesting, washing and packing vegetables. Experience is an asset but we are happy to train people who are keen to learn new skills.
This work is best suited for people who are:
- physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- are comfortable bending down and kneeling for extended periods of time, and able to lift 50lbs.
- detail oriented, efficient, and production oriented.
- enjoy getting their hands dirty
- able to resolve conflict and provide positive feedback.
- can maintain a positive attitude despite the adverse conditions that face all farmers: mud, bugs, heat, rain, etc.
- and truly believe that growing organic food is important work!
Remuneration: The starting wage is $16-18/hour, and increasing with experience. Additionally there will be a $1/hour wage raise review after 3 months plus an end-of-season bonus. Free organic vegetables (seconds) are also available to take home at the end of each day. We all work hard, eat well and enjoy the challenges of feeding our community!
Please include a cover letter or resume describing your motivation to apply for this job and the specific skills/experience you have that match the work description. Email applications to TerraNostraFarmStore at Gmail.com
When applying, please mention you saw this job posting at youngagrarians.org