Summer Student Position – Cut Flower Farm
Blue Magic Greenhouses Ltd. is a second generation family owned and operated farm in Pitt Meadows, BC. We grow on 12 acres and are passionate about growing high quality cut flowers. Most of the work is done by hand including planting bulbs, weeding, picking and bunching flowers but mechanization is sought out wherever possible in our modern facilities.
We use a mixture of field and greenhouse production to optimize growing space and quality including: rolling glass greenhouses, poly greenhouses, hoop houses and shade structures. We employ integrated pest management, composting, soil amendments, crop rotation and cover crops for our cut flower production. We ship flowers 3 times a week to the local flower auction as well as prepare custom orders.
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated individual to join our small team. This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Initiative so applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Between the ages of 15 – 30 years of age
- A recent full time student returning to full time studies in the Fall 2017
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or under refugee protection
- Eligible to work in Canada
Qualities we are looking for:
- Physically fit and happy to work indoors and outdoors in all conditions
- A willingness to learn and a general interest in growing, farming and flowers
- Able to work with a team and independently
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to bend, walk, lift, crouch and some repetitive tasks
- Observant and attentive to detail
Hours and Compensation:
40 hours a week at $15/hour, Monday-Friday starting at 6:30am. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both post secondary and high school students will be considered. The job is available until position is filled. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Visit www.bluemagicgreenhouses.comor our Instagram account for more information about our family farm.