Pender Island Community Hall, on Pender Island, BC, is seeking a Farm Program Coordinator for the 2019 summer season!
About Pender Island Community Hall
The Pender Islands Community Hall is a 7000 square foot, two storey building. The gambrel-roof gives it the appearance of a modified barn, so that the Hall fits the rural landscape of the island. The Hall sits on a 3 acre parcel of land between three farms and a unique coast pine-forest.
Pender Island Recreation and Agricultural Hall Association’s (“PIRAHA“) Purpose:
- To Assist, Develop and Foster Community Spirit.
- To Promote Agricultural Endeavours of all kinds.
- To Promote Educational, Cultural, Athletic, and Community Functions.
- To Acquire and Operate Community Facilities.
- Able to lift and carry 30 – 40lbs.
- Experience developing and leading activities.
- Interest or knowledge in heritage, rural or farm life skills and culture.
- Good communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local activities, resources and community groups
- Working towards a degree in Agriculture, Management, Business, Tourism, Community Development…
- Foodsafe and Class 4 would be an asset
- Current First Aid Training with CPR & AED
- Current Criminal Records Check
- Assist with the Farmers Market set-up
- Liaise with farmers, artists and artisans
- Develop a Youth Leadership camp about event management in conjunction with the Fall Fair
- Develop and lead farm & heritage crafts and activities for all ages
- Budgeting & purchasing for the programs
- Supervise & provide support to volunteers & LIT
Other duties will include:
- Develop a farm and heritage skills database
- General office administration
- Liaise & collaborate with community organizations
- Organize special events & regular activities
- Assist with regular events & activities
- Promotion, advertising, marketing & public relations
- Work collaboratively with the Hall Manager
- Carry out additional duties as required
Term: Anticipated Start Date: July 2, 2019
Anticipated End Date: August 31, 2019
Hours: Hours: 30 hrs per week minimum, plus additional hours as mutually agreed.
Wage: Wage: $14.50 /hour.
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at Youngagrarians.org.
Learn More About Pender Island Community Hall
View other farm jobs and apprenticeships here.