Pender Island Recreation and Agricultural Hall Association is seeking a Food & Farm Heritage Programs Coordinator!
ABOUT Pender Island Recreation and Agricultural Hall Association
Pender Island Community Hall is now accepting applications for the position as Food and Farm Heritage Programs Coordinator. This is position is offered within an environment where growth, learning and personal challenges are supported and encouraged.
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Able to lift and carry 30 – 40lbs.
- Experience developing and leading activities.
- Interest or knowledge in heritage, rural or farm life skills and culture.
- Good communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local activities, resources and community groups
- Working towards a degree in Agriculture, Management, Business, Tourism, Community Development…
- Foodsafe (preferred)
- Current First Aid Training with CPR & AED
- Current acceptable Criminal Records Check
This position is dependent on funding from Young Canada Works, as such it is only available to those who are: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada. Legally entitled to work in Canada. Are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment. Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the YCW work assignment. Have been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP, or university student in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment; and Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment.
Food and Farm Programs duties:
- Assist with existing Food Programs (Markets, community meals…)
- Liaise with farmers, artists and artisans
- Develop and lead farm & heritage crafts and activities for all ages
- Interview growers & makers for social media posts
- Arrange Farm Tours and fun work bees
- Develop Youth Leadership activities in conjunction with Adventure Earth
- Budgeting & purchasing for the programs
- Supervise & provide support to volunteers & youth leadership programs
Heritage Programs duties:
- Develop a farm and heritage skills database
- General office administration
- Liaise & collaborate with community organizations
- Organize special events & regular activities
- Assist with regular events & activities
- Promotion, advertising, marketing & PR
- Work collaboratively with the Hall Manager
Research Hall and Community Heritage
- Carry out additional duties as required
Term: Preferred Start Date Range: August 23 – Sept 6, 2021. End Date: April 30, 2022
Hours per week: Depending on the successful applicant’s availability, hours could be set anywhere between 18 to 35 hours per week. A total of 640 hours are available between start and April 30, 2022. Some hours can be done virtually.
Wage: $17.10 per hour
Please submit a resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: ASAP until filled
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org