Plenty Wild Farms in Pemberton, BC is looking for a Field Crew member to join their team ASAP to help finish the 2021 season!
ABOUT PLENTY WILD FARMS
Plenty Wild Farms is a small-scale, certified organic farm committed to providing high-quality veggies to our local communities though our farm stand in Pemberton, an online store and the Squamish farmers’ market. The farm was established in 2013 and this year we plan to grow over 50 different types of vegetables on ~3.5 acres. We are passionate about good food, strong communities, environmental sustainability and soil health.
Our farm is a positive, well-run, organized and safe place to work. We are located just a couple minutes from the Village of Pemberton which has a world-class burger joint, bakery, yoga studios, a wonderful library and more. The Pemberton Valley and surrounding Coast Mountains offer amazing opportunities for hiking, biking & other outdoor activities. We love where we live and are inspired & supported by the close-knit farming community here.
Find out more about us here: www.plentywild.ca
You are punctual, reliable and self-motivated. You are passionate about food & farming. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines and can problem-solve to deal with challenges that may arise. You can hustle and work fast, hard & smart to get the job done but you also pay attention to quality, detail & efficiency. You are committed to excellence and are constantly striving to learn more & improve. You are open-minded, inclusive and respectful. You enjoy being part of a team and can communicate effectively with others. You can take direction, give & receive constructive feedback and ask for help when needed.
FIELD CREW POSITION
We’re looking for someone to start August 9th (or earlier) and work until the end of October.
Weekly schedule: Approximately 30-40 hours/week depending on the season; 5 days/week; start/end times vary depending on the season but we always take a 45 minute lunch break
This position involves physically demanding work (especially on the back and knees) that is often repetitive and performed outdoors in all sorts of weather (from sweltering heat to pouring rain).
- physically fit; able to bend for long periods of time; able to lift & carry up to 20kg
- must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and in all weather conditions
- able to work quickly & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- able to work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skills
- previous physical labour (such as farming, landscaping and/or tree-planting) and/or sports experience is desired, but not necessary
- seed, transplant, irrigate, weed, prune & trellis, harvest, clean, sort & pack crops
- help keep accurate farm records
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging yet meaningful work
- A wage review after 2 weeks – wage increases are possible based on demonstration of prior experience or improved performance
- On-farm accommodation available
- Access to free veggies
- A weekly team lunch
- Access to our library of farm books
- An end-of-season bonus of $0.50/hour based on total hours worked if you work until the end of October
- An opportunity to learn about aspects of the farm you won’t regularly be involved with (such as bookkeeping, crop planning and farm finances) at the end of the season
Email your resume (including a minimum of two references) to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a cover letter that outlines:
- your relevant experience
- your availability (start/end dates and days of the week)
We are looking to hire someone immediately and applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received so don’t delay getting in touch! Only applicants that are currently legally able to work in Canada need apply.
We look forward to hearing from you,
– Alyssa & David
When applying, please mention you saw this posting at youngagrarians.org