Are you passionate about good food? Do you want to make a difference through farming & environmental stewardship?
Plenty Wild Farms in Pemberton, BC is looking for two more folks to be part of our Farm Crew for the 2023 season & beyond. Come join our team!
ABOUT PLENTY WILD FARMS
We are a small, certified organic farm dedicated to growing top-quality produce for our local communities. 2023 will be our 11th year in operation and we plan to grow 50+ different types of vegetables on ~4 acres. These veggies will be sold through our online store, farm stand and a farmers’ market. We also run an innovative Farm Share program (our version of a CSA).
The farm is located just a couple kilometres from the Village of Pemberton, which has a great bakery, plenty of restaurants, yoga studios, a wonderful library and more. The Pemberton Valley and surrounding Coast Mountains offer amazing opportunities for hiking, biking & other outdoor activities.
Learn more about us here: www.plentywild.ca/about
- You are punctual, reliable and self-motivated
- You are passionate about food & farming
- You enjoy physical work and being outdoors
- You can handle repetitive tasks and are able to hustle & move quickly to get the job done.
- You are committed to excellence and pay attention to quality, detail & efficiency
- You are open-minded, inclusive and considerate
- You are able to work independently or as part of a team
- You can take direction, give & receive feedback and ask for help when needed
ABOUT THE WORK
Farm Crew members seed, plant, irrigate, weed, prune & trellis, harvest, clean & pack the wide variety of crops grown on the farm and are integral to its’ success.
Farm Crew members with previous farm experience can take on larger responsibilities and receive more in-depth training by adopting additional Lead Roles.
Workdays are typically 8 hours long with a 45 to 60-minute unpaid lunch break. In the spring & fall we usually work from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. In the summer, we usually work from 6 or 7am to 3 or 4pm (depending on the weather) with some shifts in the schedule to cover Saturday & Sunday as well.
In 2023, we’re looking to fill two Farm Crew positions:
- Full-time, full-season – May to October
- Full-time, part-season – May 29th to September 1st
There is flexibility for a good fit so please apply even if you’re only looking for part-time work or have limited availability.
- Physically fit; able to bend for long periods of time; able to lift & carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and in all weather conditions
- Able to work quickly & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skills
- Previous farm experience (and/or experience with physical labour and/or work in fast-paced industries such as food service, landscaping or tree-planting) is an asset, but not necessary
- An interest in working with us for multiple seasons is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging yet meaningful work
- Starting wage of $16-$18/hour, depending on experience
- Free on-farm accommodation
- Access to farm-fresh produce
- A weekly team lunch
- Access to our library of farm books
- Paid sick days
- An end-of-season bonus of $0.50/hour based on total hours worked if you complete your commitment to the farm
- An opportunity to learn about aspects of the farm you won’t be regularly involved with (such as bookkeeping, crop planning and farm finances) in October
WHAT FARM CREW MEMBERS HAVE SAID
“I would like you to know that you have the ability to make us feel competent, listened to and like we belong. You ensure that we work in a healthy environment and there is a real good working atmosphere with staff lunch, dinners, bonfires, move nights, popsicles and all the other surprises that awaited us in the shed!”
“I just want to say that I had an incredible experience working at the farm and that yourselves and the team made the days enjoyable. It can be hard work at times and definitely can take its toll on the body. You mix up tasks to ensure this isn’t an issue and your interactions with staff and each other make the whole experience a good one. I have loved my time at Plenty Wild and felt like I was welcomed and supported by you all.”
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US?
Please send your resume, a cover letter that includes your availability and a minimum of two work-related references to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so don’t delay getting in touch! Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants that are currently legally able to work in Canada need apply.
We look forward to hearing from you,
– Alyssa & David